Butt/Ribs/Sausage cook w/ Pr0n

aks801

is Blowin Smoke!
Last week I decided it was time again for some bbq. Picked up an 8# pork butt at HEB on Friday, along with one ring of Slovacek's beef sausage. Here's how it went.

Here's the WSM getting up to temp at about 8:45 AM. Lots of puffy smoke still.
All vents WFO, once it got to 200 I choked the lower vents down to about 1/2. Did most of this cook at about 280 +/- 20 either way at times.

Here's the butt all rubbed down in Magic Dust, after a little trimming of fat. Put this in the smoke at 9:15.

This is the first time I opened it up, about 3 hours in. Nice bark forming.

The consensus was that ribs should be added. So I hustled to the store and picked up 2 racks of St. Louis trimmed spares. I pulled off the back membrane and sprinkled them down with Fiesta Fancy Rib Rub, then put them on. At the same time I wrapped the butt in butcher paper. A few hours later I took a look. Things progressing nicely.

At 5:15 I pulled the butt out for inspection. 200 degrees internal, and the bone wiggled out easily. Took it inside to rest on the counter. Sauced the ribs with Stubbs Original.

Whipped up some Roxy's Mustard Vinegar Sauce and pulled the pork, adding in most of the sauce. Man, this stuff is so good.

Here are the ribs right after I took them off. They were probably in the heat about 30 minutes too long, as you can see there was a little too much crispiness at the ends.

Here are the ribs sliced. Pretty color, and tasted darn good as well. A little too much falling apart, again due to leaving them on a bit long.

The plate! Pork, ribs, sausage, potato salad, beans, cheapo white bread, onion slices. Ahhh.....

Yesterday I whipped up some soft tacos with leftover pork, shred chez, and mango pico de gallo in a wonderful flour tortilla. These were insanely good!

Hope y'all enjoyed this, I know I did!

You want feedback?

Where were our invitations? :mrgreen:

Looks good even if the ribs were a little overdone. I would gladly of taken one of the burritos at any rate.

Looks awesome from here.....Gotta love Roxy's mustard on PP! I've modded that enough that it's kind of my own. Ribs look good too. My family requests falling off the bone, so no foul there! :clap:

Sorry I was on Google maps trying to figure how long it will take to get to Katy...food looks really good!

Back