THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did some burger last night with:
1.6 lbs lean ground beef
1/3 cup roasted corn and black bean salad from the grocery store
5 pepperoncini thinly sliced
2 eggs
Bread crumbs to taste
1/4 of a sweet onion
1/2 cup of julienned baby spinach
Worsch sauce to taste

Seasoned with:garlic powder, cumin, salt, pepper, chili powder, and paprika.

Form 4 patties.....I require my burgers to be a meal

Grilled indirect for -20 minutes at 250,then direct to finish.
They were brushed with A-1 on one side, and green Chile sauce on the other

Last edited:
Grew up with and still use Tony Chachere's. It's great in a hamburger, pork burger, and even a turkey burger. Lately though, I have been putting a Hatch green chile on top or mixed in also.

Lately though, I have been putting a Hatch green chile on top or mixed in also.

My man! I've been doing that for many years, it takes a burger even more over the top.

I enjoy Emirils burger seasoning:

2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
2 tablespoons table salt
2 tablespoons garlic powder
1 tablespoon onion powder
2 teaspoons black pepper
2 teaspoons ground mustard
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper

I often grind the meat with some salt in the mix. Pepper goes of after grilling.

For a change, grated onions, Ted & Barney's, The Rub Company Santa Maria are all things I reach for.

I used some leftover pastrami rub on some burgers and it was delish. The thread is here.

patrami%20%202013_56.jpg

This was my pastrami burger reuben with deconstructed Russian dressing. :becky:

Around here you can get flat iron steak that is cut the wrong way (against the grain) for $3.59 a pound. Salt it like you would for a steak, rinse, freeze lightly, then grind with some nice white brisket fat. Add garlic and pepper.

Very beefy and juicey burger.

Back