Brownie Pan for Chicken

if there were 6/a little bigger... in the box what would you score it?
If they looked like that... fewer and larger wouldn't make a difference. I don't find Christmas Ornaments very appetizing. I'd still give it a 7.

Under the analogy that this is not an appealing box. Would someone that did not like chicken ever score more than a 6? Because “chicken is just not appealing to me”

I think the “does it make me want to dig in” question refers to the difference in the high end of the scoring. It is the last question a judge should ask, not the first. The first question, regarding appearance, would be is the box clean? Has the fat been trimmed away? Is the meat placed in an orderly/balanced fashion?

I understand the not liking the candy finish or the trimming done. But that should not score that box average.

Under the analogy that this is not an appealing box. Would someone that did not like chicken ever score more than a 6? Because “chicken is just not appealing to me”

I think the “does it make me want to dig in” question refers to the difference in the high end of the scoring. It is the last question a judge should ask, not the first. The first question, regarding appearance, would be is the box clean? Has the fat been trimmed away? Is the meat placed in an orderly/balanced fashion?

I understand the not liking the candy finish or the trimming done. But that should not score that box average.

agreed! also remember that boxes such as this evolved due to the fact that when boxes of "real" looking chicken were presented for comments, they were criticly dinged with comments such as "not uniform", "visible bone in top right corner", "skins need to be pinned" and "piece number two has a brushstroke in the sauce". these were judges comments.

This is the never-end chicken thread!!!! We can beat the never-ending pork chop thread!!!

I think the end is near, lol. or maybe I should say, the end will come as soon as someone figures out if it is within the parimeters of judging chicken properly or not to use the infamous "preconcieved" notion of what BBQ Chicken should look like! In the mean time me thinks you'll do o.k. either way with your lowly bird.

Using no pre-conceived notions, score this (below):

676378.jpg

Remember, no pre-conceived notions:

How would you score this, in appearance, in the brisket entry:

Now, what if it came in the pork entry:

9's? Now now, no pre-conceived notions!

Showed this picture to my boys separately with no backstory.17 year old has been cooking w me fo 6 years , 13 doesn't care much for comp BBQ

My 13 year old gave it a 6
Comments: TOO shiny, looks like they are encased in plastic. Kind of looks like a bald guys shiny head. Unappetizing

My 17 year old Gave it a 6

Comments: to shiny, unappealing and uneven color, looks like it was coated w urethane. Urethane not appetizing.

Back