Chicken Scarpariello

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Dom
Still living the bachelor life, my wife will return home from visiting with the grandkids in a few days. In my market run a few days ago, I picked up some items and had some ideas as to what I was planning for dinners. However, today's meal turned out to be something completely different.

I'd made something similar to this a few years ago from a Chef John recipe. But a YouTube video which popped up into my feed from Not Another Cooking Show actually gave this recipe a name: Chicken Scarpariello

I bought Chicken Thighs and Sausage, the sausage was to be part of the filling for Stuffed Red Peppers. Plans change. The winner of what to do with leftover baked potatoes from dinner a few days ago was Twice Baked Potatoes. Some of these Chicken Scarpariello recipes include potatoes, some do not. I'm not one to stick to recipes and will adjust them as needed.

Rather than make this on the cooktop, I of course made use of the Weber. I might as well get some grilling flavor into the ingredients, which are -

sSYd5QM.jpg

Chicken Thighs, seasoned with Plowboys Fin & Feather go on first, along with Sweet Italian Sausage Links -

Hyi4tKr.jpg

Since the dish will be finished in the oven, these are taken off the grill a bit ahead of time -

ucm19h7.jpg

The recipe calls for peppers and onions. We'll get these started out on the Weber too -

2SluuQC.jpg

That's it for grilling (20F temps) today. The rest of the dish is prepared indoors. Chicken, sausage, onion, garlic, red peppers, Sweet Cherry Peppers along with some of the brine and Chicken Stock are added to the saute pan. Into the oven for about 20 minutes at 400F. It won't take long since the thighs and sausage are pretty much cooked already -

e8lHEj8.jpg

Can't forget the Twice Baked Potatoes. Nothing unique here other than adding the leftover sirloin into the mix. Into the oven it goes as well.

Add Parsley and it's ready to serve -

3WHpY0D.jpg

QeGuQSb.jpg

Dinner (for one) is on the table (my wife doesn't know what she's missing) :biggrin1: -

L02JR1J.jpg

tnLbfOT.jpg

a2olxlN.jpg

As good as it looks, as were the potatoes! This is fairly simple to make, it's really just Chicken, Sausage, Peppers and Onions. It would have been perfectly fine if it were all prepared on the stove, but you folks know that a lot of the fun and flavor comes from grilling this outside.

Give it a try. As always, thanks for reading through to the end of this post.

Regards,
-lunchman

Awewome meal Dom! Especially for a bachelor. :-D Great to have you posting again.

Back