Brisket on the MAK ★

KevinJ

somebody shut me the fark up.
Trimmed and seasoned with ORBBQ Black Ops Saturday night, got the grill prepped and ready togo.

sW4ge71.jpg

52iq7p7.jpg

tOcXgsu.jpg

Woke up at 4:00 walked outside started the grill, set the temp for 225, put the Brisket on at 4:15 and went back to bed.

Got up around 6:30 had a cup of coffee and decided to throw on a Fatty.

dm5ql5Q.jpg

gjBIS5x.jpg

8:30 checked the Fatty wasn't quite done yet and bumped the grill temp up to 275.

u729b1M.jpg

Pulled the Fatty around 45min later.

LlmckW9.jpg

So good :grin:

ldcbDRR.jpg

Around 12:30 checked the Brisket, bark looked good and gave it a poke with the Thermapen to see what the IT was, it was at 168 so I wrapped it in foil with a cup of beef broth. (forgot to take a pic before wrapping, sorry)

Bumped the temp to 300 and started checking for probe tenderness 2hrs later, wasn't quite there yet so checked it again 30min later (3:15), passed the probe test, pulled it and put in the cooler to rest until dinner.

At 5:30 when putting it on the cutting board it was completely limp and jiggly so I knew it was going to be good.

NWS0UeZ.jpg

EkpUeBY.jpg

Put some DD Ranch Sausage on the grill about 45min before dinner, great sausage if you run across it buy it, the hot is good too.

aI9QAn6.jpg

aCcMWFZ.jpg

Last edited:
That looks outstanding!! Looks like a Harry Soo aggressive trim there.

Great looking plate.

Crap

Thats talent
LOL, thanks Titch and I have no problem with cooking a brisket Hot and Fast on the Drum too.

That looks outstanding!! Looks like a Harry Soo aggressive trim there.

Great looking plate.
Thanks I like like to take the fat cap down to a 1/4" and trim out most of the fat between the Point and Flat. Not as pretty but less fat to trim out when it's time to serve.

Last edited:
Nicely done.... with (what appears to be) a minimal amount of work in the process!

I'm digging this "I got up at 0400... put the meat on, and went back to bed" thing.

Kevin’s got mad skills... I was referring to the going back to bed part... lol.
Thank you Robb and yes the going back to bed part is nice. I know most like todo an overnight cook, the last brisket I cooked over night (18hr cook) I wasn't happy with, this shorter cook works much better for me.

Nicely done.... with (what appears to be) a minimal amount of work in the process!

I'm digging this "I got up at 0400... put the meat on, and went back to bed" thing.

All great stories start with:

Once upon a time

You ain’t gonna believe this ch$$

I put meat in the smoker and went to bed

Everything about this day looks awesome. Even dig the wood looking plate. I also am glad to see you manage to buy the fastest Thermapen of them all.

Back