Brisket for my sweet girl

You certainly had a great day that everyone will remember for a long time. So happy that everything went well for you all!

Wow! You. Rock!

Thankful they could safely make the trip. Grub looks killer (as per usual), but the celebratory shenanigans with the birthday girl make it ALL worthwhile.

You, sir, are a steely-eyed missile man. That brisket looks most excellent.

Way to go, grandpa. Family is what matters and she'll have fond memories of this birthday.

Superb job on the brisket and the pineapple upside down cake.

You are a good man Kevin Its fun spoiling the Grands- we are allowed to do that as it is in the Grandparent hand book Awesome cook Beautiful young lady with a great smile How Old?
Care to share the recipe for the pineapple upside down cake recipe- its my wifes favorite

You are a good man Kevin Its fun spoiling the Grands- we are allowed to do that as it is in the Grandparent hand book Awesome cook Beautiful young lady with a great smile How Old?
Care to share the recipe for the pineapple upside down cake recipe- its my wifes favorite

Thanks George. We had a great time and glad the Brethren could join along with us. My recipe is below, but remember I'm no expert (that was Mom). I do hope your wife enjoys it.

1 can slice pineapples (heavy syrup recommended)
X marsciano cherries
X cinnamon
1 cup brown sugar
1 stick butter (hint: I often substitute clarified butter)
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup white sugar
1 cup butter milk
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Salt

Add butter to 10.5” CI skillet, coating sides and bottom.

Sprinkle brown sugar around the bottom of skillet. Add cinnamon to taste.

Place pineapple rings and cherries on top of the brown sugar.

In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, & salt.
Add buttermilk, eggs, and 1/2 stick if melted/clarified butter and combine.

Pour cake batter into the skillet and place in the smoker at 350F. Cook for ’til done (45m-1hr).

Let cool for 5-10 min. Flip the cake onto a serving platter and pray it doesn’t break up.

Top with cool whip, ice-cream or nothing.

Back