THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Try "Ricks Sinful Marinade".

Rick's Sinful Marinade

12 oz. can of beer (Darker beer works best)
½ cup cider vinegar
½ cup of water
¼ cup olive oil
¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons of your favorite barbeque sauce
1 tablespoon seasoned salt or rub.
1 tablespoon celery seed
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Mix the ingredients and add when wrapping at about 170* and put it back in the cooker.

The entire amount?

When I do add liquid to the foiled brisket it's usually a mix of beef broth, apple juice and a little Worcestershire sauce.:-D

When I do add liquid to the foiled brisket it's usually a mix of beef broth, apple juice and a little Worcestershire sauce.:-D

Now that sounds good! But I have tried 50/50 beef broth & Coke, and straight Cherry Coke.

I wouldn't use the Butchers in the foil. Once you get it, you'll likely agree. It is really an injection product.

beef broth + sauce is a good place to start. Be watchful of the sugar in the sauce. It may burn. Use your judgement.

I've never used Butcher's so I will have to defer on that one. Beef Broth + Worsey sauce might be another option. You won't need more that 1/4 cup at most because as stated before, the brisket will make it's own juice.

i just save what drippings fall into a pan w/ 1/4 cup of water & 1/2 bottle medium beer w/ a splash of worchy,& sliced smoked onion & mashed smoked garlic- usually i already have some balsamic in my marinade for 48 hrs.-easy on the balsamic unless ya want yer brisket sweeter. or instead of beer- use wine to deglaze right when ya foil.- just my .02

Im curious as to who you got your info from about Mista's meat and sauce?! Cuz thats farkin funny...

never tried mista's meat but i heard his sauce is amazing.:icon_bugeyed
i have never added anything to the foil as it is going to make its own juice anyway, but if its lookin a little dry ill pour a little broth in or even half a beer.

Thanks guys:-D

I gonna have to run out and get about ten more briskets to give all these a try:shock:

I will post the pron and keep ya updated

Back