Brisket chili recipes???

late one here... but here ya go. have two best overall awards thus far. of course i have only entered it into two contests. haha

3 pounds beef brisket, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons cumin
1 teaspoon ginger
1 tablespoon red pepper
1 small can tomato paste
1 1/2 cups boiling water
1 tomato, finely chopped
4 oz. can V8 juice
3/4 cup onion, diced
1 tablespoon salt
3 tablespoons chili powder
1 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon oregano
1 large can tomato sauce
1/2 can beer
1 jalapeno, finely chopped

Directions

Brown the brisket with a little oil. Drain and remove meat. Sauté onion and garlic in the left over oil. Add all the spices and let them pan roast.

Add the beef back to the pot and add the tomato paste, tomato sauce, water, V8 juice, tomato, jalapeno, and beer.

Cover and simmer for 3 hours. Add more beer if chili gets too dry.

I made this chili specifically for my leftover smoked brisket. There is an emphasis on the chili powder and cumin. This is not very spicy, so add cayenne pepper if you need more heat.

Arthur’s Chili recipe #033
Ingredients
- 1lb Ground chuck
- 1lb Smoked brisket (diced)
- 1 medium diced onion
- 1 chopped jalapeno
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 6tbs chili powder
- 2tbs cumin
- 4tsp salt
- 1 large can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1/2 dark beer
- 2 cans of chili beans

Chili Instructions
1. Brown the meat (brisket too) with garlic, onion and jalapenos in skillet. Add 2tbs chili powder and 1tbs cumin.
2. In a blender, add tomatoes, remaining chili powder and cumin, salt and beer and blend well.
3. Combine meat and sauce into a chili pot on medium heat for 30 min.
4. Add beans.
[FONT=&quot]5. Simmer on low heat for 2 hours [/FONT]

First off...

THANKS FOR ALL THE RECIPES BRETHREN!!!!

I ended up using my regular (favorite) chili recipe and adding the meat from the point to it. I did, however, take the advice in this thread and add the cubed meat at the last 30 minutes of cooking. I ended up cubing up the point meat into about 3/4" or 1" cubes while it was cold. Ended up being just under 3 lbs of brisket. I cooked the "regular" chili for about 5 hours total in the crock pot. Then transfered to a better "portable" pot.

Took the pot of chili over to my brothers for the game last Sunday, put it on the stove and added the brisket. Let it simmer and come back up to steamy goodness and served. You guys were right.....it was still added a very (just enough) smoky flavor to the entire pot.

In fact......I just had the last of the leftovers today for lunch. STILL damn good! My brother said it was THE best chili he'd ever had in his life. The family loved it. So did I.

I WILL do this again. I love that chili recipe "as is" anyway, but NOW???

F'get'u'boutit!

Thanks again all!

Back