Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Brew City's Best BBQ, Milwaukee, WI 9/3-4

Milwaukee is hands down our favorite competition. Marjorie really knows how to put on a competition.

As for the area, after 3 years of chatting up the event security and police they will attest to how volatile the area can be, but thanks to Marjorie and the rest of the folks at the King Drive BID they keep the area clean, safe, and fun. No reason this shouldn't be a 35 team competition every year.

Great Weekend! Thank to everyone who had a hand in our impromptu Anniversary party, And the potluck grub was great!!! Even the wind couldnt keep us from having a stellar time.

It was great seeing everyone, wish we would have gotten more time to visit, we didnt get to spend much time talking with D&D (2 Skinny Cooks)!

It was great to hear all the calls for folks, alot of great competition! Marjorie threw another fun event. I love that even after only 1 prior year there, many of the volunteers remembered us by name, ( not just Marjorie, Emily, and Cleveland)... and many of the locals came back by to see us, and remembered us as well. Really makes you feel right at home.
We'll see how many times Kim and I cook on our anniversary, but if we choose to, I bet it will be at Brew City's best!

I totally understand Ron, I have an idea what goes on at a comp and I was kinda on a mission too. I also caught the Stockcar BBQ bunch in the middle of their routine. From the looks of it I musta jinxed Andy and Kim :redface:

You didnt Jinx Kim and I at all. It was a pleasure to have you around, glad you made the trip down!!! Glad we gave you some ideas to chew on.

Our third year at Milwaukee and another great event. Marjorie and Emily and her entire team make you feel like you're family.

It kind of reminds you that this comp thing is not just about winning bucks and points; it's about seeing great folks like Capt Ron, Bearcat, Andy and Kim, Mike and Beth, Dive, Coz and so many others.

Especially satisfying to see Smoking Addiction on the anniversary of there first cook getting some great calls; Moose getting great calls without foil :drama:; Log Jammin' kicking it. We are so proud for you guys.

Back