Brain Injury Association BBQ Contest, Columbia, Mo.,

Jay - us Meatheads won't be at Herman. :cry: Getting ready for the Royal. You guys stop by at the royal (Spot 782 - around the corner from Skip)., We will definately see you in Columbia.

Oh - good luck to Team Q in Herman - you guys are on a roll.

Jeff_in_KC said:
I have no clue as to why but we have yet to do worth a squat in central Missouri except for Warsaw where we got two thirds and 6th overall. Sedalia, Columbia and Laurie were probably our lowest scoring contests of the season. We hope to pick it up a notch or two this time! At least my wife tells me we are! :lol:

Jeff, Maybe I can help change that! A good cooler attendant can go a long ways!!!!!! Good for at least a top 50!

Doorbusters said:
Jeff, Maybe I can help change that! A good cooler attendant can go a long ways!!!!!! Good for at least a top 50!

I'm taking SIX Shiner Bocks with me to Columbia... that's IT. Not much attending to that! LOL! We're going to cook. I'll let Jay do the drinkin'! :wink:

Oh and there will only be 25 teams there... if I can't make the top 50... :lol:

Jeff_in_KC said:
I'm taking SIX Shiner Bocks with me to Columbia... that's IT. Not much attending to that! LOL! We're going to cook. I'll let Jay do the drinkin'! :wink:

Oh and there will only be 25 teams there... if I can't make the top 50... :lol:

That's OK, we're bringing the Margarita machine! So when you run out of Shiner's you can drink margaritas!! Last contest of the year--you don't have a choice!:icon_devil

WheresBob said:
That's OK, we're bringing the Margarita machine! So when you run out of Shiner's you can drink margaritas!! Last contest of the year--you don't have a choice!:icon_devil

Fark! I was afraid of that! :shock:

I exchanged an email with Aimee at the BIA. She sent me the list of teams and we're missing two Brethren teams:

Belly Brothers
Chick n Pig

Are you guys going to sign up? There are currently only 15 teams and they can take ten more. So... Andy? You said yesterday that you wished you were in... there you go! How 'bout you, SloppyQ? Interested?

EDIT: She emailed me back and said she left Smokin Mother Ruckers off the list she sent me. If you all have gotten your emails with maps, she's assigned our spaces already:

Team Q - 48
Big Creek - 47
Smokin Waltz - 49
Great Grills - 46
Bubba and Jeff - 45
Mokan Meatheads - 50
Smokin Mother Ruckers - 44

Last edited:
Bellys aren't cooking it......I have inventory and the others are going to judge. We'll all be out to see everyone Friday night.

Don't know why Skip isn't in it.

BTW...don't take the Smokin' Walzes too lightly...they could jump up and win this thing....they've been cooking backyard for years, this is their 1st year for KCBS...and they can cook! Top 10 at Bass Pro and awalk in brisket at Hermann.

WheresBob said:
Hmmm...they put us away from the rest of the Brethren. Did someone tip them off about us?!!

Bob, you didn't look at the map, did you? There are two rows of pull thru sites with "Christy Lane" running between them. All Brethren teams are on the right end.

61\60\59\58\57\56\55\54\53\52\51\50\49\48
--------------------------------------------
Christy Lane
--------------------------------------------
33/34/35/36/37/38/39/40/41/42/43/44/45/46/47

44 - Smokin Mother Ruckers
45 - Bubba & Jeff
46 - Great Grills
47 - Big Creek
48 - Team Q
49 - Smokin Walzes
50 - MoKan Meatheads

All of the rest of us TRIED to get you in site 61 but the BIA said that wasn't playing nice with our friends. :lol:

That formatting is a little off. You're actually directly across from Bubba and Jeff.

Solidkick said:
Bellys aren't cooking it......I have inventory and the others are going to judge. We'll all be out to see everyone Friday night.

Don't know why Skip isn't in it.

BTW...don't take the Smokin' Walzes too lightly...they could jump up and win this thing....they've been cooking backyard for years, this is their 1st year for KCBS...and they can cook! Top 10 at Bass Pro and awalk in brisket at Hermann.

Looking forward to seeing you guys out there on Friday night!

Bia

Jeff_in_KC said:
I exchanged an email with Aimee at the BIA. She sent me the list of teams and we're missing two Brethren teams:

Belly Brothers
Chick n Pig

Are you guys going to sign up? There are currently only 15 teams and they can take ten more. So... Andy? You said yesterday that you wished you were in... there you go! How 'bout you, SloppyQ? Interested?

EDIT: She emailed me back and said she left Smokin Mother Ruckers off the list she sent me. If you all have gotten your emails with maps, she's assigned our spaces already:

Team Q - 48
Big Creek - 47
Smokin Waltz - 49
Great Grills - 46
Bubba and Jeff - 45
Mokan Meatheads - 50
Smokin Mother Ruckers - 44

Mentioned doing this one to wifey, got that look. October is a busy month should probably sit this one out. Come spring look out, I plan on kick'n a$$. May come up and visit.
Lee (SloppyQ) Should see some of you a Royal.

Weekend Forecast

For Columbia: Friday, high 58, low 44 and very DRUNK after dark!!:twisted::twisted::twisted:

We signed up today! We might be a no show depending on my dads surgery.
I would really miss not cooking with you all.
Skip

Chick'n Pig BBQ said:
We signed up today! We might be a no show depending on my dads surgery.
I would really miss not cooking with you all.
Skip

We'll think positive for your Dad, Skip! But you know what's most important if you need to miss.

Looks like we need two more teams to get to double points!

To: Jeff Stith
Subject: BBQ
Sent: Tuesday 10/10/2006 12:54 PM

Attached are the team names and their slot locations. Also I have listed them by the team number they will be assigned at the competition. Hope this helps, would you mind sending this to your group of guys so they know where they are located. Thank you. Have a great day.

1. Team Q Slot 48
2. Big Creek Slot 47
3. Smokin Walzs Slot 49
4. Great Grills O’ Fire Slot 46
5. Mokan Meatheads Slot 50
6. Bubba & Jeffs BBQ Slot 45
Jamey Johnson Check In Slot 51
7. K’s Slot 52
8. Chickn’ Pigs Slot 44
9. Set It & Forget It Slot 53
10. Gators Get R Dun Slot 43
11. In Deep Sauce Slot 54
12. Smokin Mother Ruckers Slot 42
13. Mizzou BBQ Team Slot 55
14. BBQ 2 Slot 41
15. Muddy River Boys Slot 56
16. Wonderful Waltzs Magical BBQ Slot 40
17. Smokin O’ BBQ Slot 57
18. Barn To Grill Smokers Slot 39
19. JCQ Slot 58
20. Sauce Baron.Com Slot 38
21. Ponderossa BBQ Slot 59
22. Beam Boys BBQ Slot 37
23. Smokin Til The Sun Comes Up Slot 60

Volunteer RV Slot 61
Volunteer RV Slot 33

Cool! I feel sorry for the team stuck between Team Q and The Meatheads--the Smokin' Walzs!! !!:twisted::shock::twisted:

Singin' Bob- Maybe the Smokin' Walzs are looking forward to giving yourself and Fredbird singing lessons!!!!! I will bring lots of firewood so your voices don't freeze up. Should be a great time in Columbia this weekend! Great to see a good response to this contest. Look forward to seeing everyone!!

baggs said:
Singin' Bob- Maybe the Smokin' Walzs are looking forward to giving yourself and Fredbird singing lessons!!!!! I will bring lots of firewood so your voices don't freeze up. Should be a great time in Columbia this weekend! Great to see a good response to this contest. Look forward to seeing everyone!!

Brian, will you show me how to trim a brisket? LOL! I don't think I learned enough Friday night! :lol:

Back