Brain Injury Association BBQ Contest, Columbia, Mo.,

From what I hear as of last week there were already 13. We sent our entry in last week which would make 14. Since it a first year they will only need 15. The prize money that is offered is based on 25 teams.

Jeff_in_KC said:
How many teams are expected at the BIA contest? Anyone know?

Mark, I also mailed my entry on Thursday. I think Mokan entered last week. That'll make at least 16. Looks like probably a nice little contest.

I think that they will get plenty of teams..We have one week off and then we are going to be doing 5 in a row..Should be a good time that weekend.

I had a question about the contest and Aimee just gave me a call. She indicated while we were talking that there will be ONLY 25 teams tops in this contest and to tell all you guys not to wait until the last minute if you haven't sent your entry form in yet. They're over half way full now so bust your humps, brothers! I asked if the seven Brethren teams who indicated they were going could be placed together in consecutive sites and she said she would do that if we all got money/entries in ASAP. Told her the following:

Team Q
Belly Brothers
Chick n Pig (I'm assuming you're cooking this one Skip?)
Big Creek BBQ
MoKan Meatheads
Great Grills O' Fire
Bubba and Jeff's BBQ

Lottery

Aimee just informed me that we will have a lottery Friday night at the cooks meeting. One lucky team out of the hat will receive their entry money back.

lazyjacres said:
Aimee just informed me that we will have a lottery Friday night at the cooks meeting. One lucky team out of the hat will receive their entry money back.

LOL! She emailed me and asked me to post this same thing on the Brethren site! You have a 1 in 25 chance of getting your entry fee back that night! Get 'em in, guys! :wink:

does anyone know how big the space is. Our RV is 30 ft but we really don't want to pay for a second space. worse case guess I could rough it like the old days.

There is nothing wrong with roughing it...We do it all the time and have a great time!!!! Didn't know you were planning on cooking this one Rick.

Rick, Aimee told me all sites are pull throughs... you shouldn't have to rough it. But if you WANT to rough it, we'd be glad to trade for one night! LOL!

I would like to be included in the Bretheren teams that will be in attendance. If possible I would like to be placed in bretheren Row too Thanks Rick

Jamey do you need more contestants or certified judges, myself and Dave may be willing to do either. Let us know.
Lee

"My Sharona" Lyrics

Fredbird said:
I,m always in tune. :roll: Do you have the words for "My Sharonna"?

It will be good to cook with you guys again, it's been to long!
Per John's request. BTW, we will have a practice session at the Royal on Friday night at the Meathead's sight. I expect all of Team Q and Great Grills to be there!!

My Sharona

Ooh my little pretty one, pretty one.
When you gonna give me some time, Sharona?
Ooh you make my motor run, my motor run.
Gun it comin' off the line Sharona
Never gonna stop, give it up.
Such a dirty mind. Always get it up for the touch
of the younger kind. My my my i yi woo. M M M My Sharona...

Come a little closer huh, ah will ya huh.
Close enough to look in my eyes, Sharona.
Keeping it a mystery gets to me
Running down the length of my thighs, Sharona
Never gonna stop, give it up. Such a dirty mind.
Always get it up for the touch

When you gonna give it to me, give it to me.
It is just a matter of time Sharona
Is it just destiny, destiny?
Or is it just a game in my mind, Sharona?
Never gonna stop, give it up.
Such a dirty mind. Always get it up for the touch

Lee, I can use both. I would rather see the teams come in to fill the contest and keep the pay out up there. But, you are always welcome to do either.
I'm not sure how many teams we have, but I know we can use more. I hope to see you there either way.

Might as well name this contest "Best of Missouri and Kansas"

From what I'm hearing, the "Who's Who" from MO and KS in BBQ is going to be at this contest. Everyone better bring their "A" game....a top 10 finish would be something to be proud of!

Solidkick said:
From what I'm hearing, the "Who's Who" from MO and KS in BBQ is going to be at this contest. Everyone better bring their "A" game....a top 10 finish would be something to be proud of!

I have no clue as to why but we have yet to do worth a squat in central Missouri except for Warsaw where we got two thirds and 6th overall. Sedalia, Columbia and Laurie were probably our lowest scoring contests of the season. We hope to pick it up a notch or two this time! At least my wife tells me we are! :lol:

Jeff_in_KC said:
I have no clue as to why but we have yet to do worth a squat in central Missouri except for Warsaw where we got two thirds and 6th overall. Sedalia, Columbia and Laurie were probably our lowest scoring contests of the season. We hope to pick it up a notch or two this time! At least my wife tells me we are! :lol:

Could it be my singing?:eek: But I wasn't at Columbia...:wink:

Back