THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

stlouBBQ

Anyone have this book? I saw it at Amazon, you can see it here: http://www.amazon.com/Competition-BBQ-Secrets-Instruction-Competitors/dp/1439209111/ref=pd_sim_b_2

I was looking for input before buying. I know a lot of people were not happy with his web-based book before, so I wanted to check before plunking down the $ to buy this. I know there were various complaints about that. I like buying and reading bbq books, but I like to make sure they are quality first. Any feedback is welcome.

I was actually given the book for Christmas this past year. I must say I have a lot of respect for anyone who has achieved what he has and is willing to put their thoughts in writing to be critiqued by any and all. But here goes:

The book is along the lines of a spiral notebook and is black and white. It has some good information but in reality it only scratches the surface.

It is like reading a memo versus readiing the ENTIRE internet. This site IS the internet when it comes to BBQ.

I would save the money and use the resources on this site.

Thanks, Steve. That is exactly what I was alluding to. His previous web volume actually IS spiral bound and you described it perfectly. Apparently this volume is the same thing but with a pretty cover. That is what I suspected and I will pass on this one. Thanks for the input!

Back