Boeuf Bourguignon (Beef Burgandy) Stew

Thanks and I'm sorry to hear you have the flu. I hope I'm not completing with what I'm thinking you've been seeing. :twitch:

LMAO!!!!!!!:pound::pound::pound:

No sir! Although, considering I started out the weekend good at a Merle Haggard concert then things went south that friday night with stomach virus then the flu....I've seen my share of what YOU are referring to. But, unlike most peeps when I get really sick I tend to think about making bbq and food in general(and the gun range). Reason being is lord knows I can't keep any decent food down. So, I give myself something to look forward to when I can. LOL

Yum! Nice job! Did it taste smokey at all?
No not much. The lid is on for most of the cook so there isn't much opportunity for it to absorb any smoke. If I did leave the lid off, it would take longer to cook and I'd have to add more liquid as much more would be able to evaporate.

Beautiful meal!! That was very nice of you to cook for your Mrs.. I hope she is feeling better soon!

I just remembered that on the very first episode of Julia Childs Mastering the Art of French Cooking, this is what she cooked.It was on PBS many many years ago. I've made it many times in the traditional way in a kitchen. It's a lot of work! Your version looks perfect. I know Julia would be proud of you.

I just remembered that on the very first episode of Julia Childs Mastering the Art of French Cooking, this is what she cooked.It was on PBS many many years ago. I've made it many times in the traditional way in a kitchen. It's a lot of work! Your version looks perfect. I know Julia would be proud of you.
I've watched that episode on YouTube. I combined a couple of recipes, including hers, to come up with mine. My version of Boeuf Bourguignon is more stew like compared to hers. Also because my wife won't eat mushrooms my version leaves them out. It was a lot of work but worth it. Thanks for the complement.

Back