THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Called for by who ? You guys out West seem to have a lot of inside info. Were the minutes of the meeting posted somewhere that I'm not aware of ? Were you at the meeting ? What's your source ?

I think that is called embelishing Steve. :icon_shy I for one would love to hear that tape of the meeting that Rod said he had in last nights interview. I think it would put a lot of things to rest. I don't want to take sides, as I want the truth and I believe that tape would give it to us...

I apologize for the interview getting cut off last night...I knew I was running up against a time limit as there was another show at 10pm EST starting. I did mean to give out an auxiliary link that would have allowed about 20 people to listen to the remainder...but...I got lost in the interview...SORRY!!

Benjet has posted the direct link to the show last night...I will update the XML for all of the pod catchers later this evening.

Thanks to Phil for letting me post about the show last night! I know I don't do it every week but this seemed to be a topic that a lot of people have an interest in...so I appreciate the flexibility, Phil...others weren't so accepting...LOL!!

By the way, since I cannot post this anywhere else, it was brought up if this "other person" will be given an opportunity to do the show as well. In fairness, since Rod did not use anyones name in particular I cannot assume who it is and extend an invite.

However, if someone contacts me about it, I am happy to host them to give both sides equal light...I am not a member of the KCBS therefore I have no bias to anyone!

Here is a motion made by this unreasonable BOD member
a motion for KCBS to adopt a policy which would require that each program, contract or venture of KCBS in the future, be budgeted and be economically sound and calculated to at least break even without economic loss to KCBS. Vote: 3 yes, 8 no 0 abstentions. Motion failed.

Was reading back... and I'm not sure how this motion passing would have been a positive. I know the status of the oganization has changed, but it did start off as a 501c3... so if this motion had passed, KCBS would never ever be able to do any charity work that didn't make money for KCBS.

You'd really have been placing some limits on the organization with this...

I think that is called embelishing Steve. :icon_shy I for one would love to hear that tape of the meeting that Rod said he had in last nights interview. I think it would put a lot of things to rest. I don't want to take sides, as I want the truth and I believe that tape would give it to us...

I agree. Hearing that tape would be great. It would probably be very eye opening for all members. I hope one day it comes out so we can all know what really went down.

Among the many things I don't totally get about this whole deal is why Rod has not supported opening the BOD meeting to all members via phone/podcast/webcast/whatever.

The problem here is that Merl says one thing, Rod says another. The members are not really able to make an informed evaluation of the situation.

This chit just makes me want to go cook...

Here's my $.02

I ask this as a personal favor. PLEASE, PLEASE keep this topic live and kicking. I ask this especially of all those who are scheduled to compete in Marshalltown next week. Please post your opinions - and make them lengthy. Don't get all caught up in working on your briskets, butts, chicken, and ribs. :)

Exactly what I am doing Jeff! I'm going out to the mountains and having a nice calming weekend... I'll be thinking of you! :cool:

I do believe the tape would answer a lot of questions though. Otherwise it turns into what my girls do. There's always 3 sides to a story: your story, my story and the truth...

Exactly what I am doing Jeff! I'm going out to the mountains and having a nice calming weekend... I'll be thinking of you! :cool:

I do believe the tape would answer a lot of questions though. Otherwise it turns into what my girls do. There's always 3 sides to a story: your story, my story and the truth...

I believe you would have to hear more than one tape to get the full truth. I think all of the taped meetings should be made available to the membership. Since the meetings are open to the membership nobody should have a problem with that right ?

There's always 3 sides to a story: your story, my story and the truth...

Exactly why I think "transparency" won't do us any good. People see what they want to see even when watching the exactly the same thing. I'd take communication over transparency at this point... I think.

EDIT: I should have rather said, transparency won't resolve much of the bitching and complaining. It may amplify it.

I believe you would have to hear more than one tape to get the full truth. I think all of the taped meetings should be made available to the membership. Since the meetings are open to the membership nobody should have a problem with that right ?

So, how do we go about getting the tape or tapes released?

That's why I nominated you to Mike Lake for the KCBS Board.... I like how you think. I mean if we can't get "live" hook-up. At least let us get a Podcast or taped (I don't know what it would be called), that would be available in the member section. We could listen to it, but it couldn't be copied...

I know Rod won't be happy with me... but I sorta wanted to hear Rod spittin nails... I don't think I've ever seen him that mad.... :twisted:

Was reading back... and I'm not sure how this motion passing would have been a positive. I know the status of the oganization has changed, but it did start off as a 501c3... so if this motion had passed, KCBS would never ever be able to do any charity work that didn't make money for KCBS.

You'd really have been placing some limits on the organization with this...

A 501c 3 is a charity, if you go back and check you will find that it has been difficult for even Cookers Care to get money from KCBS. KCBS is closer aligned to a service or educational organization now not a charity.

Well according to the interview Rod Did tonight that statement is totally false. Nobody was removed from the meeting. This situation is bad enough without people spreading misinformation. Shame shame

I may have misspoke. A motion was made at least to have a member removed from the meeting and the next day there was a resignation.

Jim, any insight into why the motion was made to remove the person from the meeting?

Andy

I may have misspoke. A motion was made at least to have a member removed from the meeting and the next day there was a resignation.

That is completely wrong Jim. No motion was made. How would you know any of this anyway Jim? Where is it posted? How do you know the details of a situation where the two board members you mentioned attempted to resolve an issue? Where can I read about that?

Back