Blasphemy in Cincinnati - oven ribs

Nothing wrong with those ribs. Doesn't the Montgomery Inn also bake their ribs? Carson's & Gale Street Inn in the Chicago area also bake theirs, still damn good ribs. If you wanted a "smoke ring" you should have rubbed some TenderQuick on them for about 10-15 minutes before you threw them in the oven.

Nothing wrong with those ribs. Doesn't the Montgomery Inn also bake their ribs? Carson's & Gale Street Inn in the Chicago area also bake theirs, still damn good ribs. If you wanted a "smoke ring" you should have rubbed some TenderQuick on them for about 10-15 minutes before you threw them in the oven.

I believe Montgomery Inn boils them first. Good, but never my favorite. Best ribs in Cincinnati were in a little place in an alley downtown that is no longer there - The Rib Pit. Red pleather booths and beehive hairdo waitresses in old style waitress dresses that called you honey. Great ribs.

Thanks, George. A nice Cotes du Rhone and a beet-orange-hazelnut salad with Coupole cheese - kind of like a goat cheese brie. I read about it in Food and Wine or something.

Those ribs look great!

Have done baby backs in chafing pans in the oven. Remove membrane, apply rub, sprinkle generously with apple cider vinegar, seal tightly with HD foil. 225-250° for 2½-3 hours. Sauce and finish indirect in the kettle.

Back