THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

fitness210

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Just wanted to pass this along. I was in the process of buying a Blackstone Griddle when I noticed they are on sale at online at Walmart for $237.14. Hope this helps someone out. I ordered my online and picking up today. Can't wait to start using it and learning from all the great brethren who have one already.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Blackstone-36-Griddle-Cooking-Station/39891191

That's a great price. I was watching them on BrickSeek last fall, but never made it below $270, so I ended up with a Camp Chef, but either is a great griddle.

Smashburgers are the new family favorite. :)

Crap, wife has cut me off till June, that is a great deal and the website said I could pick it up today at my local Wally World.

Thanks for the heads up! I'm sending one to friends for a wedding gift...they really like mine.

^^Is the extra cost just for an extra eight inches, or is it also for twice as many burners on a griddle with only eight more inches?

If you can find the 28 in stock for 100 bucks (or less), buy it. I have a 36" and I picked up a 28 for a friend for $75 a couple months ago. There are a few differences besides the size of the griddle top.

The top on the 36 is 21 inches deep. The 28 is 16 inches.
The 36 has 4 burners. The 28 has 2.
The 36 has 2 side tables. The 28 has 1.
The 36 has 4 wheels (2 fixed, 2 rotating/locking). The 28 had 2 wheels.
The 36 is taller. I would say about 3 inches or so. I've cooked on both and I have to lean over a bit on the 28 (I'm 6' 3"). It gets a bit uncomfortable after a while.

If you can find the 28 in stock for 100 bucks (or less), buy it. I have a 36" and I picked up a 28 for a friend for $75 a couple months ago. There are a few differences besides the size of the griddle top.

The top on the 36 is 21 inches deep. The 28 is 16 inches.
The 36 has 4 burners. The 28 has 2.
The 36 has 2 side tables. The 28 has 1.
The 36 has 4 wheels (2 fixed, 2 rotating/locking). The 28 had 2 wheels.
The 36 is taller. I would say about 3 inches or so. I've cooked on both and I have to lean over a bit on the 28 (I'm 6' 3"). It gets a bit uncomfortable after a while.

I just got a 28 at Walmart and was worried about the height. It was $75 though so I figured it is worth a try and if I absolutely hate the height I figured I will just upgrade down the line.

If you're near Cincy the cin-day road store has a TON of them. Plus other outdoor grilling stuff on clearance also.

No I won't look
No I won't look
No I want look
No I won't look

I have too many cookers and the camp chef works just fine

No I won't look

I have a 36 inch Camp Chef, and I really like the room. If you don't need a big surface, just turn off the other burners to save a little gas.

I have the camp chef as well and love it, but wanted to clarify that if you have the FTG600 like I have, the griddle is only 31" wide. I believe it's the only griddle model they have.

I'd still choose 4 burners over 2, but the 28 is not much smaller, then blackstone 36 is bigger than the camp chef. I still am happy I went with the camp chef.

Back