THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mandreyka

Knows what a fatty is.
Was at Costco business center today looking for a prime brisket and all they had was black canyon angus marked “ commodity “ and “choice or better”.

Doing a family BBQ Saturday and don’t want to mess it up, anyways I picked one of the smaller ones at 15.5 lbs because a lot of them were about 20lbs

These are full packers with a fare amount of fat on them from what I can tell, are these any good? Anyone ever smoke these before?

I’m going to do it on my Weber 26 with a pitmaster IQ at about 250.

Black Canyon choice angus briskets I get at Sam's are some of my favorite briskets to cook. I like the results I get from them better than the prime briskets Sam's carries, which are usually Excel I think. They don't always have the Black Canyon briskets, but they do often. I find that they require a little less trimming than other brands, although like most packer briskets, there is still a fair amount of it.

Last edited:
Back