Biggest cook yet on a new (to me) smoker!

So..... are you now in the market for a stick burner?

I've thought about it before, and I like the idea. :wacko:

This smoker was rough. Door didn't latch shut completely. Heavy flat lid lifted with a small cable hoist. clunky.

But it was a lot of fun playing with the fire.
the result was, i.m.o. not 100%. Decent, yes, but not ideal.

I was playing by the smoker owners ideas on how to do things, so a lot of "different" techniques were in play.

All in all, considering the circumstances, the day wasn't about me or the food anyhow. I'll take it as good experience, should I ever find myself looking for a stick burner.

I've thought about it before, and I like the idea. :wacko:

This smoker was rough. Door didn't latch shut completely. Heavy flat lid lifted with a small cable hoist. clunky.

But it was a lot of fun playing with the fire.
the result was, i.m.o. not 100%. Decent, yes, but not ideal.

I was playing by the smoker owners ideas on how to do things, so a lot of "different" techniques were in play.

All in all, considering the circumstances, the day wasn't about me or the food anyhow. I'll take it as good experience, should I ever find myself looking for a stick burner.

Stick burners love playing with other stick burners :p Now if you find yourself in the market you will at least have an idea of what you don't want.

You played the lousy hand that was dealt you very well my friend. Maybe a trip to Vegas is in order. :wink:

Back