THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KevinJ

somebody shut me the fark up.
Wanted to let you know about my positive experience.

Received a BPS email letting me know they were offering free shipping with no minimum purchase amount required, also posted a heads up on the board. Ordered a couple of rubs and a sauce, got my conformation that my order was good to go. Later that afternoon Christina from BPS sent me an email letting me know that one of the rubs was out of stock and they weren't going to carry it anymore. Asked if I would like to substitute it with another rub or get a refund on the rub out of stock.

Sent a reply letting her know if she had a good BPS rub for chicken go ahead and send it. Also let her know that BPS Jallelujah Seasoned Jalapeño Salt piqued my interest thinking if she didn't feel comfortable sending a rub for chicken she would just send that. Knowing the BPS rubs were a couple more dollars in price than what I had ordered, wrote I'd gladly pay the difference and she could give me a call if needed.

Christina sent me an email letting me know she shipped out a substitute rub and the Jallelujah, apologized for the inconvenience. Wasn't expecting to get an extra rub, thought it was something that she really didn't need todo, was also expecting to pay the difference for the new rub which I was more than OK with. Totally unexpected and definitely exceeded my expectations.

So I ended up with BPS Money which I originally ordered, Little Louie's Seasoned Garlic Salt with Black Pepper for the chicken rub and Jallelujah Seasoned Jalapeño Salt. I've never tried any of these rubs but if they're nearly as good as BPS's customer service I have some winners.

IMG_0697_zpsdrlmx8gf.jpg

that is one place I do order a lot of stuff from and a great company to do business with and let us know how their rub works out ?

I'm never without that jalapeno salt. I put it on just about everything. Haven't tried that garlic seasoned salt, but the money rub is very good - the jalapeno salt is a must though!

I'm never without that jalapeno salt. I put it on just about everything. Haven't tried that garlic seasoned salt, but the money rub is very good - the jalapeno salt is a must though!
Good to know about the Jalapeño Salt, I find myself adding Tony Chachere's creole seasoning to a lot of my rubs to give them more kick, what do you like to use the jalapeño salt on or with?

I had a similar situation yesterday.

I received my order of money, cash cow, happy ending, & SM sweet & spicy. Unfortunately the cap on the sm sweet & spicy was damaged and the seal punctured allowing rub into the shipping bag.

I emailed BPS & Michelle advised me that she would send me another one out.

That is great customer service. Can't wait to try everything. What should I cook first?

Good to know about the Jalapeño Salt, I find myself adding Tony Chachere's creole seasoning to a lot of my rubs to give them more kick, what do you like to use the jalapeño salt on or with?

It's not as spicy or salty as Tony C's - I do like that stuff a lot though. It most definitely has a jalapeno flavor to it - I wouldn't say it was super hot, but I'm a bad judge - my tolerance is probably a little higher than average for hot stuff, so other people may find it hot. That said I like heat to be backed up with actual flavor, and this stuff does just that.

Anyway - I use it as a finishing salt a lot, esp. on wings, savory ribs, chix, popcorn, eggs - it's pretty phenomenal on eggs, it's probably good on beef (not sure - I usually do straight s&p on beef), and a few times I've dusted ribs with the jalapeno salt, let it sweat, then hit with the BPS bacon jalapeno rub, and I really liked the results - just fantastic & a cool something different to do.

It's not as spicy or salty as Tony C's - I do like that stuff a lot though. It most definitely has a jalapeno flavor to it - I wouldn't say it was super hot, but I'm a bad judge - my tolerance is probably a little higher than average for hot stuff, so other people may find it hot. That said I like heat to be backed up with actual flavor, and this stuff does just that.

Anyway - I use it as a finishing salt a lot, esp. on wings, savory ribs, chix, popcorn, eggs - it's pretty phenomenal on eggs, it's probably good on beef (not sure - I usually do straight s&p on beef), and a few times I've dusted ribs with the jalapeno salt, let it sweat, then hit with the BPS bacon jalapeno rub, and I really liked the results - just fantastic & a cool something different to do.

Thank you for the feed back it is much appreciated, I almost ordered it originally but I have a lot of different rubs so I passed, sounds like something I'll keep on hand. I was thinking of mostly using it on poultry, never thought of eggs, will definitely give that a try.

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
The customer service is great and I have used all of the BPS rubs and love them. The 3 you have are awesome. I just recently ran out of Sweet Money and Money and will be ordering soon.

I have had good customer service with them too. The best part is that I usually don’t need them! The stuff is shipped promptly and well protected. My orders usually end up on my doorstep 2 days after I place an order.

This past week, I was unable to get the coupon code for free shipping to work with my order. Not much of a loss as I can wait until the next one comes along as I am not in dire need (yet). I still had the stuff in my virtual cart and got a system generated email asking if there was a problem. I emailed back that the code didn’t work. They responded and explained that I had missed the window – the code expired in the morning. Although I was disappointed in myself for not reading the particulars, I was happy to receive a response with an explanation. Somebody took the time to address my foolishness. That earns points in my book.

Yep, their customer service is outstanding as is Sterling- Big Poppa- himself. I had the pleasure of meeting him a few years ago at King of the Smokers and he gladly shared a few tips with me and how he uses his rubs in comps (which is smart, because that gets people to buy more of your product. Every team which markets their own line should do this).
As for the Jalepeno salt, he shared that he applies it to the bottom of the ribs as he layers his flavors. That Jalepeno salt really makes the ribs pop and we got a few trophies doing that and other stuff that he recommended.

Back