THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have a Primo ceramic cooker and love it. You will not be disappointed with the BGE - they are worth it and then some, and in the grand scheme of things, the price is not too bad considering what you can do with it (bake a pizza, sear meat at 800 degrees, smoke at 225 degrees, cook in weather conditions, etc, etc).

And next your going to tell me there is no Easter Bunny....:cry:

Ummm....Well, there once was an easter bunny but... :roll:

bunnykii.jpg

On Topic :

I own a Primo XL, 2 Large BGE and a Mini Egg and love them all.
Ceramic cooking is like a new world of BBQ and outdoor cooking. I dont know anyone who regrets buying one of those even if they seem expensive at first.

DM

here's my advice. learn to cook on your weber. then after a couple years, decide if you are serious and then look at ceramic cookers if you think you want to go in that direction. the egg will not magically cook everything you stick in it. you have to know how to cook first.

Oh yes it will...I've seen it in person...personally...:twisted:

the gasket is a maintenance item just like an air filter on your car. some recently sold eggs have reportedly defective gaskets. big green egg will send you a free "nomex" gasket if you have one of these "bad" gaskets.

any questions about egg gaskets should be asked of big green egg headquarters at the contact info on their website.

BGE customer service is top notch...:p

Ummm....Well, there once was an easter bunny but... :roll:

bunnykii.jpg

On Topic :

I own a Primo XL, 2 Large BGE and a Mini Egg and love them all.
Ceramic cooking is like a new world of BBQ and outdoor cooking. I dont know anyone who regrets buying one of those even if they seem expensive at first.

DM

:eek::eek::eek:...say it isn't so man! :twisted:

I've had egg envy for a while now.:icon_blush: However, all the talk about the gasket problems has me second guessing whether an egg is for me?????

dont lket the gasket issue give u a wedgie.

Mine had the bad gasket(its actually bad adhesive). What i didnt know was that BGE shipped the bad eggs with a replacement gasket and a note that the lot I had had bad adhesive. it stated that the gasket may come loose and heres a replacment with instruction s on how to replace it.

I replaced mine in about 20 miutes withthe replacemtn in the box(cleaning required was minimal since the egg only had a few cooks on it when i replaced it.). i called BGE and the sent me a high heat gasket which i have not put on yet.. The replacment felt gasket is holding up fine withthe new adhesive.

BGE send me

Back