BGE vs Weber Summit Charcoal Grill

I don't know what to cook. Thinking burgers and pork loin?
I'm at a loss.
Maybe I should just cancel the order :caked:

Hell know you ordered a great cooker. You'll be damn happy once you run it a couple times. It'll last forever and you'll cook on it more than you'd ever cooked on a grill before.

Hell know you ordered a great cooker. You'll be damn happy once you run it a couple times. It'll last forever and you'll cook on it more than you'd ever cooked on a grill before.

Yea. I hope so.
I just bought a ton of meat. Chicken pork chops sausage chopped meat
I hope I can use this thing !!

I don't know what to cook. Thinking burgers and pork loin?
I'm at a loss.
Maybe I should just cancel the order :caked:

Hold on a minute dude... Have you lost yo' mind?!? :twitch:

Start with burgers and hot dogs, it's American and your in America, then go from there. IMHO, you have purchased the greatest cooker to hit the market, it won't crack, nothing to remove or add to do a reverse sear, it'll smoke a brisket and nuke a pizza!

Yea. I hope so.
I just bought a ton of meat. Chicken pork chops sausage chopped meat
I hope I can use this thing !!

I sold my BGE XL due to what I feel are its limitations. You purchased the correct one. And you'll have no issues cooking on it. I went through the same issues when I bought my first high end cooker. I never ever regretted it. If you like food. This thing will become an obsession. You bought the right one.

I sold my BGE XL due to what I feel are its limitations. You purchased the correct one. And you'll have no issues cooking on it. I went through the same issues when I bought my first high end cooker. I never ever regretted it. If you like food. This thing will become an obsession. You bought the right one.

Well I love food!
Gonna do burgers and sausage tomorrow.
Beer can chicken on Sunday

Hold on a minute Pstores, after food pron like that your saying you sold the cooker?

What are you gonna replace it with? Hmmmm? Inquiring minds want to know!

Hold on a minute dude... Have you lost yo' mind?!? :twitch:

Start with burgers and hot dogs, it's American and your in America, then go from there. IMHO, you have purchased the greatest cooker to hit the market, it won't crack, nothing to remove or add to do a reverse sear, it'll smoke a brisket and nuke a pizza!

What is reverse sear?

Hold on a minute Pstores, after food pron like that your saying you sold the cooker?

What are you gonna replace it with? Hmmmm? Inquiring minds want to know!

I sold it a week ago, and looking at the summit. But for now trying to place an order with Shirley Fabrication.

I sold it a week ago, and looking at the summit. But for now trying to place an order with Shirley Fabrication.

Gotcha, buy the Summit now, then wait on the Shirley... In just tryin to help :thumb:

I would think you could do two chickens eeeaaasy Mark!

Here's a pretty good video of reverse sear...

[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0IAFMFVNwZc[/ame]

Easily fits four chickens, maybe five. Then if you add the exteneder grate, who knows, maybe seven.

ha ha - thanks
I bought the extender grill and I bought the pizza stone!!

I wonder if there is more room in the dome in the weber than in the egg. I was told that the XL egg couldn't do a big turkey because there was no room in the dome. Hopefully not an issue with the Weber

OK the Weber has arrived
I am going to do burgers and sausage tonight as a 1st cook
Two beer can chickens tomorrow - tho I hope there is enough room between the lid and the grate to do it!!

The black base came scratched up - major bummer - the seller store is promising to replace - let's see!

I wouldn't have expected Webber to use aluminum in the grill (just the ash basket) but someone said it was aluminum. There is no way it will melt if it is stainless steel without some serious effort beyond just being stupid.

The inside of the dome is spun aluminum... (per Weber)

No Sir, not for me, but there was a question about it a couple pages back and I had it confirmed by Weber today that it is in fact spun aluminum. I was just passing along the information.

Back