Best Wireless Remote Temp Gauge...

The extended range mod for the et-73 is beyond awesome. Takes 15-20 mins to do, and not a lot of $ for the parts needed. After the mod, the et-73 really can't be beat.

i think this is the way to go the mod seems really simple as long as you can solder you cant beat a dual temp with a 200+ range

Nu-Temp is Brethren Approved!

http://www.nu-temp.com/701.htm

I actually found a used one on CL and ordered 2 extra remotes and spare probes. It will accept 3 probes on each base unit. Phil let me know there was a Brethren discount on them and PAL Products shipped them fast!

Later I found another one on CL BNIB for $20-with one of those fork thermometers!

Is that recently? I have one w/ 3 transmitters that I've been using for 6-8 years. But lately I didn't think you could get them. The supplier where I bought mine thought they had some technical issues (sourcing?) and might not return to market. I e-mailed PAL Products/Nu Temp and got a response that they're on some sort of long backorder.

I like them but not if I can't get new probes and replace the one dead transmitter.

Hey Guys. I am fortunate enough to have my competition team sponsored by Maverick Industries the people who make the ET-73 and I am also a dealer. Also Maverick's Operations Manager Darren Keller is often competing with our team.

The word is there is a new generation ET-73 and is in the works. This new remote smoker thermometer should be good up to 300 feet. I am not positive but I think that they may also be addressing the switch on the transmitter. :clap2:

Hey Guys. I am fortunate enough to have my competition team sponsored by Maverick Industries the people who make the ET-73 and I am also a dealer. Also Maverick's Operations Manager Darren Keller is often competing with our team.

The word is there is a new generation ET-73 and is in the works. This new remote smoker thermometer should be good up to 300 feet. I am not positive but I think that they may also be addressing the switch on the transmitter. :clap2:
Exactly what I wanted to hear!!! Please, please, please let us all know when you know more. Is there a way to be notified when it will or does happen? Thanks so much for posting!

Thanks for the heads up. I have one ET-73 and was about to buy another. Think I'll wait a while.

I will. We will be in Harrisburg PA next weekend. I will talk to him then to see if I could get some updates.

What about the probes that ain't worth a chit??? That is the real issue...not even water proof and you look at them wrong they go bad:shocked:

I dont have any problems with my probes. It has been 2 years of constant use. As long as they dont get submerged in liquids, get subjected to extreme cooking heat or the cord gets damaged they should last.

If they are developing a new et-73, can you ask your inside source to address the fact that the temp display is static (no alarm or anything) if the receiver cannot receive a signal from the transmitter, like when you are out of range, etc? Currently the receiver display will just display the last received temp instead of letting you know that it is not gatting a signal from the transmitter.

Nu-Temp is Brethren Approved!

http://www.nu-temp.com/701.htm

I actually found a used one on CL and ordered 2 extra remotes and spare probes. It will accept 3 probes on each base unit. Phil let me know there was a Brethren discount on them and PAL Products shipped them fast!

Later I found another one on CL BNIB for $20-with one of those fork thermometers!

Can you tell me waht happens when the Nu-Temp receiver is out of range form the transmitter? Does it alarm or go blank or something like that?

If they are developing a new et-73, can you ask your inside source to address the fact that the temp display is static (no alarm or anything) if the receiver cannot receive a signal from the transmitter, like when you are out of range, etc? Currently the receiver display will just display the last received temp instead of letting you know that it is not gatting a signal from the transmitter.
Good point. With my Grill Right, there's a little radiating circle that goes away when it loses signal. It would be nice if that little dish on the ET73 would pulse when there's a signal and go away when signal drops. Just another wish-list thing.

I dont have any problems with my probes. It has been 2 years of constant use. As long as they dont get submerged in liquids, get subjected to extreme cooking heat or the cord gets damaged they should last.

Really:shocked::shocked:

So never use them and never wash them and you should be good:drama:. What about not water proof did you not read dohhh. everything you said is what happens in real life:roll: god for bid the wire gets pinched.... Good thing you get them free

What planet are you from??? I gave mine away because it is a made in China POS. (and a real pit master don't need one)
Get a Thermapen made in USA for twice the cost and be done. Just cause you get free probes...and how many people had to buy new probes cause they are chit???

A real pit master don't need a crutch

BWTFDIK:wink:

Really:shocked::shocked:

So never use them and never wash them and you should be good:drama:. What about not water proof did you not read dohhh. everything you said is what happens in real life:roll: god for bid the wire gets pinched.... Good thing you get them free

What planet are you from??? I gave mine away because it is a made in China POS. (and a real pit master don't need one)
Get a Thermapen made in USA for twice the cost and be done. Just cause you get free probes...and how many people had to buy new probes cause they are chit???

A real pit master don't need a crutch

BWTFDIK:wink:

I wont stoop low and respond to this. I thought this was a friendly site.

Darita, Thanks!

That is why I came here to share what I know and to learn from everyone else.

What I was trying to share is that with any probe no matter what brand you buy they are very delicate. Yes they can be washed but dont submerge them in liquids. But with care they will last. I have got two years on my current food probe and about a year or so on the smoker probe. I only use the ET-73 on my Primo XL so I could sleep at night and have the receiver next to my bed.

Also I have to pay for my probes, I wish they were free!

Back