THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

olflathead

Knows what a fatty is.
Whats the best and EASIEST way of brining multiple birds? Would it be possible to go breast side down in a large cooler and fill with brine and ice, or at least get the breast under brine. Just a thought.

Whats the best and EASIEST way of brining multiple birds? Would it be possible to go breast side down in a large cooler and fill with brine and ice, or at least get the breast under brine. Just a thought.

Depending upon the size of your cooler,.... Yes I have a large marine cooler for fishing and I can probably fit 4 large turkeys in it, but I only brine 3 in it. 1 for the oven, one smoked, and 1 fried. Our family gatherings are large.

For easy clean-up use Stark Disposable Cooler Liners. They also have Disposable 5 Gallon Bucket Liners.

I believe they have a special running????

Last edited:
We always do four, four different ways, oven baked, smoked, cajun and fried, but all are brined and we do them in our marine cooler with brine and plenty of ice to maintain temp. Happy thanksgiving! BTW we really prefer 10 to 12 pounders, young un'

Should you add more brine when brining 2 birds? Ive only brined 1 at a time in previous years. Should I double my ingredients or is this not necessary?

Back