Best Thing You Ever Bought for BBQ and The Worst Thing

Best: Internet connection! Found out about real bbq, learned a ton and got to cook with some very talented quers and make new friends.

Worst: Chicken from Walmart. Really not a lot as I have been able to research a lot here.

When I first joined this site earlier this year, I thought... who are these idiots paying $100 dollars for a thermometer. Now, I'm the idiot for not buying one right from the start. I've learned enough to know the general time frame when something is done, and just probe it with the thermapen to check, and it also helps if you are cooking over 100 peices of chicken and some smarta@@ insists it isn't done and all you have to do is hit it with the thermo and send them back under the rock from which the only chicken they know is a breast that tastes like cardboard and is dry as sandpaper... ok. sorry, back to the BEST/WORST thing.

One can over cook chicken with a thermopen or without one.

The point is NOT to overcook chicken! ;)

Best: My first WSM. Researching it led me here (and it has cooked some kicka$$ que).

Worst: 30 lb box of chicken thighs for the Princeton 2008 comp. Couldn't get 6 decent thighs out of the whole lot.

Best: My first WSM. Researching it led me here (and it has cooked some kicka$$ que).

Worst: 30 lb box of chicken thighs for the Princeton 2008 comp. Couldn't get 6 decent thighs out of the whole lot.

At least one judge thought the skin was good. Must have been really good, for not being there.

Best: my weber performer, i do EVERYTHING on it right now.

Worst: Bought a rub from the store( cant remember the rub name). It seemed alright on the ribs till i added sauce. Pieces in the rub turned soggy and mushy and had strange taste and texture to them.. Yuk

Best so Far: Weber Kettle

Worst: Centro Gasser from Canadian Tire, she was rusting out in under w year and a broke two of the grates stubbing her her out. They just don't make them gasser BBQ's like they use too...or maybe they never did.

BEST...
show_image_in_imgtag.php

WORST...
images
back in the day

Back