Best rub for table(car) shaker

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
I rotate my seasoning. My Bride seldom eats popcorn without Plowboys Yard Bird. She also will season sandwiches. I think Plowboys is fantastic, but I also confess adding black pepper and green chile powder to my "Mystic " shaker once it's half gone.. I don't carry s/p shakers. Albukirky Green Chile seasoning same thing- half gone add black pepper(dustless restaurant grind).
I like pepper.

Last edited:
I pepper everything even before I taste. Liberally coated beef ribs with Black Ops the other day and automatically added additional black pepper. I don't know why.

Someday there will be a black pepper ice cream and I'll probably add pepper to this as well.

Plowboys is good on nearly everything. i haven't tried it on ice cream but i bet it works. i also think that everything needs more pepper.

Whenever I put a rub on popcorn it all ends up on the bottom of the bowl with hardly any rub on the actual popcorn, what's the secret to keeping the rub on the popcorn? Thanks!

Big fan of Plowboys Yardbird. Only used it on Q until now, but that's going to change. Thanks for the post, 16A.

Also a big fan of freshly ground pepper, usually a mixture of black, white, green and pink peppercorns, unless a recipe specifically calls for something different. Tone's Peppercorn Melange is very affordable at Wally-World. A big 7.5 oz bottle is less than $6 and lasts quite a while. For my tastes, freshly ground makes all the difference in pepper flavor.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Tones-Peppercorn-Melange-Spice-7.5-Oz/10449029

Back