Best rolls for pulled pork?

Kings Hawaiian comes in multiple sizes, from the Krystal/White Castle size up to large burger buns and a size or 2 in between. Haven't tried them with PP yet, but love them.

Cheap white buns work for me.

Papo Secos – Portuguese Dinner Rolls
Paposecos.jpg

Kaiser all the way. I like to take a Kaiser roll, butter the inside, then throw them butter side down onto a hot griddle to toast the inside. Warms up the roll making the inside warm and soft. BAM! On goes the pulled pork and cream based cole slaw. I'm in heaven...now I'm hungry...and I just started a diet!!! Dang you Brethren.

That's what I'm talkin' 'bout!

I guess I will have to try some hawaiian rolls with my pp next time. I usually get it when we are having fried chicken but never thought to use them for a sandwich for some reason.

Anything will be great if there is good meat between the slices. It's nice to see what folk like though. I want to try them all!!!

Cheap white buns from Smart 'N Final. They're not too thick so it's not bread overload and they're only 4" so you can put down a couple sammys (or more) without feeling like a total fatty. :redface:

Cheap white buns from Smart 'N Final. They're not too thick so it's not bread overload and they're only 4" so you can put down a couple sammys (or more) without feeling like a total fatty. :redface:
That is why they made sliders. I do have to say, I really like the new Orowheat thins for sandwichs and such, have not tried them for pulled pork yet.

Back