Pulled Pork

All buns will get soggy. That's why you put mayo on them for hamburgers. It makes a little barrier between the juices and the bread. Of the buns I've tried, brioche is a good option. Toast them to help reduce the amount of liquid getting into the buns. Or just eat them so fast the bun can't get soggy.

Does a Ciabatta count? Sam's or Costco. It's just a sturdier bun than a burger bun.
"Cheap white" and "eat it fast" are both good advice, no one is going to rave about the taste of the bun after a party.

when I cook pork I never pay much mind mind to the buns :becky: buys as I don't use them. just a splash of shack sauce and a dash of my favorite rub on a pile of meat. I'm weird, I don't eat sausage on a bun either

My personal favorite for 1/4# sandwiches is Pepperidge Farm "Farmhouse" line. They come in white, wheat, buttery, potato, Hawaiian, and I think onion. For an added touch, sometimes I'll butter and toast them a few hours ahead of time, cool and repackage. Soo much easier when it's serve time and adds a nice taste and heartiness. Just my $.02.

Cheap white nearly tasteless buns are best. Eat faster. The bun's only purpose is to give you a few minutes to eat some pulled pork with your hands.

Italian, like a sub sandwich stick of bread.

Just like recreating a Subway pulled pork sandwich.

Toasted Kings Hawaiian and add some slaw. If the pulled pork is juicy with some sauce it will be hard to keep the roll from not getting soggy

Back