Best portable charcoal grill for the money?

You guys kick (pork) butt! Thanks for all the help. My local craiglist is weak. All they have is the la caja china for 250 . Looks cool, but you can find the same one he,s offering for cheaper online. Plus i will be recieving my BWS Party in another month and a half. I will be looking into procuring a weber smokey joe, the gold is available still.

The gold is nice because it contains the ash really well, but the silver is actually a better grill for high heat cooking. I have a gold and love it but it doesn't grill well unless you are cooking lid off.

If you put the lid on, the fire dies down dramatically. You can arrange the coals in ways to help generate better air flow, but it's still a much better lid off cooker than lid on.

Check out a website I just learned about TODAY.....

www.searchtempest.com

This thing is farkin awesome! It will do a search of all CL's within whatever mileage radius you select. It will also search Ebay.

Just do a search and enter your zip and a radius. Kicks ARSE!!

I don't own a SJ. I'd say, for portability, I'd still call my OTS portable. BUT......I have a truck, so my UDS is portable to me!:becky:

Picked up weber silver 18 in for 65 new. Picked up the cover for 6 bucks as well. Put together it'll fit in my wifes suv, and this way i dont have to worry about a stand for a portable. Thanks again guys!

Check out a website I just learned about TODAY.....

www.searchtempest.com

This thing is farkin awesome! It will do a search of all CL's within whatever mileage radius you select. It will also search Ebay.

Just do a search and enter your zip and a radius. Kicks ARSE!!

I don't own a SJ. I'd say, for portability, I'd still call my OTS portable. BUT......I have a truck, so my UDS is portable to me!:becky:

I've been using this one. You can only search by state though. Thanks for sharing your link!!!

http://statewidelist.com/

My vote is for the Chargriller table top grill. For very little more $ than a smokey joe you get a lot more grilling area than a SJ, plus much better cast iron grates, a removeable ash drawer that also lets you easily add fuel while cooking, easier to dump ashes too. It also allows for indirect cooking if you have thicker cuts. The Chargriller is built much sturdier than a Weber Smokey Joe or Go anywhere grill and looks and acts like a much more serious barbecue.

Back