Best Offset Smoker for under $1,000?

I have the 16" Horizon Classic. I have never really wished I had more space. It does have the same challenges as most other off-sets, hotter near the firebox, cooler away. Not really a big deal though.
Still make great food, couldn't cook for a party of 40, but the quality is good, and it's solid and thick steel.

I have the 16" Horizon Classic. I have never really wished I had more space. It does have the same challenges as most other off-sets, hotter near the firebox, cooler away. Not really a big deal though.
Still make great food, couldn't cook for a party of 40, but the quality is good, and it's solid and thick steel.

You might try out this convection plate made by Horizon for their 16" diameter smokers:

http://www.horizonbbqsmokers.com/accessories-1/16-convection-plate

I bought one for my Lyfe Tyme, and it works pretty well.

Lang Original 36 or 48 patio. They are a bit over a grand especially with shipping from Georgia but more than well worth the extra time to save up.

Scott

Every time I see that picture of your smoking area I get jealous. Nice, shady and peaceful.

I think you should read the article about best offset smoker or best electric smoker and buying guide to choose the best for you.

3Swmzoom.png

The OP has already bought n sold an offset smoker plus ordered a Lone Star Grillz.......I’m going to have to disagree with everything in/on that Best Offset article.........I wouldn’t recommend ANY of them, infact that list
would be my "Stay Away" from List......

dCWwpv1l.png

Old Pecos and Oklahoma Joe Longhorn - even the Bandera- Beat any of them by a Long Shot.....

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=202034

Last edited:
Old country Pecos. $399

Aaron Franklin uses one in his vids

Nope - he used an Old Country Ranch Hand that was discontinued a few years ago. It was smaller than the Pecos n Wrangler, (I think it was a 16" model).........if you pause the video in right spot you can read the Sticker on it.

Can you use charcoal in a pellet smoker? I heard some pit masters use a few roaring chimneys of KBB into their stick burners to get a nice smoke ring. I am considering a pellet smoker because i hear they produce great clean wood smoked flavor. I could be misinformed though.

Back