Best electric smoker???

I really liked my sams masterbuilt smoker until the heating element quit working and the company doesn't offer replacement parts. After some research online, I've found this to be a common problem. The company position is to buy another unit. Which i did....I bought an egg.:-D
The masterbuilt awaits to be rebuilt/resurrected as something else.

If i was looking for a set and forget unit/electric unit, funds dependent, i would look at the fec.
jon
I have had numerous Masterbuilt smokers, all ended up with wiring bundle issues or controller going bonkers.

I now have a Rebel 17 and just love it.

I have thought about modifying my old Masterbuilt as a cold smoking cabinet.

Ive been running a Masterbuilt pretty hard for a year. Only prob with mine is its about 15 to 20 degrees off setppoint. If he gets one tell him to check it with a thermometer. I bust up about three briquettes of Kingsford and feed it along with the chips. I go slow because the chip tray to thin for alot of charcoal. It can give a surprising smoke ring.

Cookshack is the answer.........
American made, high quality, insulated (all weather cooking) super customer serviceand lots of user support. Just the best!

I have a mastercraft 30 inch. I have made some really tasty briskets and pork loin so far. I found mine on sale at academy sports. It's easy to clean and it comes with a meat probe which I found very helpful.

I've only owned two electric smokers in the past and they were a MES 30 and Smokin' It #1. The MES had the same problem as already mentioned and the Smokin' It had temps all over the place. I'd set it to 225 and my Maverick would constantly see-saw from about 185 to almost 400 and it only produced thick white smoke because of this.

On the flip side customer service was great as they replied to my email within minutes and I sent my unit back for a replacement. Sadly though the new Smokin' It had the same issue so I ended up selling it on Craigslist. Funny story is that I saw it for sale again on Craigslist just a month later. Anyway, reviews for it at Amazon are great so maybe newer models have improved. Anyway, that's my 2 cents.

I've had the entire online order form completed for a Smokin It #1 to many times to count. I just cannot make myself complete check out. I may eventually. There is something alluring about a small electric cooker. Just haven't heard the Siren Song---yet

DO NOT buy a Bradley. Very little tastes good out of it...I have one and would sell it but for it being a birthday present a couple years ago. I have had food out of a commercial Cookshack and was very impressed....guy was running chunks and the home units also run chunks. I'd like to have one of those home units and would love a commercial unit....I look for both used as buying new would be insane given my income.

Back