THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Doing some work on forum. You may experience an error when u try to post or save a setting. It's only temporary.
Thanks for the help. I do have a Le Creuset outlet by me and it’s always 30% off there which is huge since you can’t use coupons anywhere on them. I’ll have to find somewhere that has all of them and see which I want I guess.

I like my Lodge ceramic enameled over the Le Creuset just for price alone. I really can't tell the difference.

I also have a really, really kickarse old non enameled one inherited from my great grandmother. I have no idea what brand it is, but it's cooked about a 1000 meals of fried chicken over its life. Heavy as fark.

Thanks for the help. I do have a Le Creuset outlet by me and it’s always 30% off there which is huge since you can’t use coupons anywhere on them. I’ll have to find somewhere that has all of them and see which I want I guess.

Look and see if you have a Tuesday Mornings around you. I have seen a lot of Staub there, at a pretty good discount.

Enameled CI is easier to care for,REAL (unenhanced) CI is almost indestructible.There is a reason they have been around so long.Just depends on how "purist" you are.They both cook wonderfully when properly cared for.

I had the Lodge and it's too small. The bottom curves in and takes away cooking space. I now have the Cuisinart, Cooks Illustrated Best Buy, and I like it a lot. I didn't want to spend the money for the Le Creuset.

I did a lot of research on this very topic about a month ago. I ended up getting two Staubs. The black interior means no staining, and the finish is just incredible. I purchased a 9 qt round for stews/chiles and a 5 qt for more everyday use. The only negative I see between Staub and le creuset is the latter has larger handles. Not that noticeable, though.

I found a #8 Griswold Chicken Fryer and Lid and that work well for me as a Dutch oven. The fact that it will out live me is nice. I also just found Solidteknics and backed one of their kick starter for their USA made pans. Iam really liking the 11 inch pan and Grill/lid combo.

I’ve been using a Cuisinart enameled cast iron Dutch oven for years. Excellent quality...I’d put it up against any of the fancy shmancy ones. Paid $60 and I think they’re still that price.

I live 30 minutes from the Lodge factory/outlet. Their clearance section is great! Hard to beat cast iron for long life. I have a 12" deep (8 qt instead of 6 qt) dutch oven and it is very versatile.

Cuisinart round 7qt for me too. 1/3 the price of LC works as well. I do have a LC goose pot and talk about heavy. My wife can barely lift the lid but what a pot for gumbo.

I have two Lodge standard cast iron dutch ovens. An 8qt camp stove with legs and a 6qt stove top . They've both served me well. In fact I'm simmering chili in the 6qt as I type.

I have a le creuset in flame orange. Enamel on iron. Its bullet proof and it just keeps on trucking. When I was worrying over the purchase some 15 or 20 years ago, I attended a banquet at a fancy smancy resort in Palm Springs. Outside at night on their serving tables they must have had 30 of those Le Creuset dutch ovens doing duty. When I saw that, I went ahead and invested. Never looked back and every time I take it out of the cupboards to use it brings a smile to my face

I have a 14” cast lodge. Has to be close to 20 years old. Thing is awesome. Zero rock to the lid still, even after cooking with it in my wood burner.

I have several LC vessels.
They are expensive. They will last forever if taken care of.
One of mine does have a stained bottom but it gets used a lot.

If you go with LC you won't be disappointed.

For those with the Le Creuset how well do the insides clean? I have read quite a few things on line about them staining.

I have several, with the 7 qt Le Creuset being my favorite, have had it 20 years. Yes some sauces will stain it however a little Bar Keepers Friend makes it look like new. Also remember to oil the rim of the pot and lid prior to putting away to prevent rust.

Back