Lodge Cast Iron Dutch Oven

I had a lodge enameled ant it got stained and rough inside and I didn’t know why. Couldn’t clean it. I have a le creuset now and no such issue. But I’d never spend the money on le creuset. It’s absurdly expensive. I had reward points at work and it was the only thing I could use on the site. So I love it but not pot is worth $375

The Le Creuset are rated to last beyond an individuals lifetime. So If it is something of quality that would last multiple generations I see $375 as a worthwhile investment.

- G

Have owned the little lodge DO for about 8 years. It's called the bean pot around here. Perfect for beans on the kettle beside the meat.

Any American dutch oven, old or new will outlast many generations of owners.

I agree that no pot is worth $375....No matter the "warranty" :cool:

I have several lodge DO but the most used is a Kenmore enameled I bought when they closed down the local sears, I love cast iron

I have had a Lodge enamel Dutch oven for about three years now, it is not very durable, the enamel is wearing off the inside. That said, I did submit a claim, and they did replace it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

For some reason I've never owned any enameled CI. Just SS and regular seasoned CI.

My 2qt isn't Lodge. It's a cheap AmazonBasics pot.
I treat it like crap, and it pays me back with a perfect non-stick surface every time.
It get's alot more use than my 5qt Lodge pots do.

I believe Tramontina have a lifetime warranty as well.

Yep- I bought a Tramontina 5.5 quart stove top deep fryer for $32 at Sam's during cyber week.

Came with lifetime warranty description. Nice heavy construction and the perfect size I was looking for.

https://www.samsclub.com/p/tramontina-5-5-qt-deep-fryer-with-helper-handle/P03003134

It's also at Amazon for $48 if anybody is interested in it. Nice piece of gear-

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B095XK4N6V?tag=amz-mkt-chr-us-20&ascsubtag=1ba00-01000-org00-win10-other-nomod-us000-pcomp-feature-pcomp-feature-pcomp-wm-1-wm-4&ref=aa_pcomp

I had a lodge enameled ant it got stained and rough inside and I didn’t know why. Couldn’t clean it. I have a le creuset now and no such issue. But I’d never spend the money on le creuset. It’s absurdly expensive. I had reward points at work and it was the only thing I could use on the site. So I love it but not pot is worth $375

This was my experience too. Comparing them side by side the le creuset has a more even surface that I think makes it easier to clean — which helps prevent screwing up the interior. Interestingly, Staub seems to have gone a different direction and actually has a rough surface which is probably harder to clean but because it’s black I can’t tell how clean it is anyway.

I’ve used Le Creuset, Tramontina, Staub and I think the Makers Mark over the years. I think Le Creuset is the best — but I’d definitely try to find it at a deep discount. We have a 7 or 8 qt oval one that my wife found at a Macy’s that was closing for $40.

I have avoided the enameled CI as it allows me to use it in more ways.

Deep frying over the fire
Deep-Fry-Day-Potato-Chips-2.jpg

Baking bread over the fire
Miracle-boule-7.jpg

In addition to using in the oven, on the grill and on the stove.

I just bought the 2qt Lodge. My cooks are getting smaller now that the kids are grown. The 5qt is still on the regular roster for big pots of chili but I'm waiting to see which offspring asks for the 8qt camp stove. First one who asks gets it.

The allure of a Lifetime Warranty at 64 just doesn't hit the same as when you're in your thirties

Wait till you hit 70, like me, much shorter timeline…….But I’m having Paul Shirley build me a new Cooker. Sure hope my Son and Granddaughters enjoy using it……someday.:wink::wink:

Back