Best Commercial Sauces

if i'm not useing my own homemade souce im useing sweet babby rays

I'm still searching for a place around here where I can get some Blues Hog. I don't really want to pay shipping on bbq sauce if I can help it.

We like Famous Daves (Blue Bottle) and a little Corky's for our baste, I can really pick out the celery seed in it (when compared to most others).

We keep a lot of big name bbq sauces on hand (2-4$ a bottle) and mix and match according to what we want. We've got a few tried and true combos that we go back to when we need consistency.

That Tangy Gold does taste pretty good for a mustard based sauce. It's also great when mixed in small quantities with some red sauce to give it some tang. Try it out.

I started using Sweet Baby Ray's before it was cool! I've also find it easy to tweek! I like putting a little grape jelly and chilli sauce in mine. Sounds weird, but it's great with pork!

They don't have a mustard sauce, and I am not compensated by them in anyway, but you do yourself a disservice if you don't try Big Butz sauces.
Tom is a member here and my kids love love love the Xtra Hot and the No Butz versions. We use a couple of different sauces of theirs on our comp meats.
Good stuff Maynard.

If you're doin this for comp and want to have a chance, pay attention to what local judges are likely to prefer - example don't expect to win in Texas with a Carolina vinegar sauce. I don't have a clue what Baltimore tasters like (I presume you aren't headin croos country for your first rodeo) but you could talk with local grocers and see what sells or buddy up with your competitors. But at the end of the day cook for yourself. You are the most important judge when all's said and done.

as for me i use a base sauce then add to it . sweet baby rays i cut it with beer . an so on and so forth .

:wink: make your own sauces taste and if you like it so will your customers, buying out of the bottle is not where it is at, if you want to be an entrepreneur, you must put your own stamp on every thing you make:blah:

Back