THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DaveAlvarado

is Blowin Smoke!
I was at the store last night picking up some stuff to throw on the smoker today, and an idea for a new appetizer just whanged me upside the head--Texas-style MOINKS. But not just any MOINKS, MOINK shots!

Slices of all-beef Elgin sausage wrapped in bacon, filled with some Mexican-style cheese, given a light dusting of rub, and sprinkled with minced Hatch chile pepper.

They're cooking right now, I'll report back with more pics when they're done.

Attachments

• IMG_0009.jpg
    IMG_0009.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 359
  • IMG_0010_2.jpg
    IMG_0010_2.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 358
Ohhhhh, nice! Bash menu item? :wink:

I like how you used a WHOLE strip of bacon for each one! :thumb:

Completed shot. These will definitely be a Bash menu item. My girlfriend loved them and so did I. They're better still with some Sucklebusters BBQ sauce brushed on, which I'll be doing for the Bash.

And of *course* I used a whole strip of bacon for each. Can't have leaky shots, can we? :wink:

Attachments

• IMG_0011_2.jpg
    IMG_0011_2.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 334
I always have trouble getting any inner layer bacon cooked enough when the outside is done when wrapped like that

Completed shot. These will definitely be a Bash menu item. My girlfriend loved them and so did I. They're better still with some Sucklebusters BBQ sauce brushed on, which I'll be doing for the Bash.

And of *course* I used a whole strip of bacon for each. Can't have leaky shots, can we? :wink:

Ooooohhhh, I might have to go bashin again:biggrin1:

Back