*Beer Keg BBQ Grill*

Pecan will be the first thig in this grill brother and I have already chosed the chunks for it. :cool:

Thanks guys I put the chair on hold untill I find a few carrage bolts or something to keep my house from burning down. lol I'm not having any luck finding a stainless hinge so I'll have to go with heavy steel. I have a plan for the seal around the opening but it would be at the cost of another keg unless I can find some thin stainless to bridge the small gap. I'm not too worried about it being a tight seal at this point I just wanna get it fired up and watch it turn purple and blue.:mrgreen:
I would think about using a brass piano hinge... won't rust and would seal better....

I considered that but I was thinking it would be too long. Making a trip to the hard wear store in the morning to look for a short one thanks. ;cool:

2dwb1xx.jpg

Ya know if I can find the fittings cheap enough like from an old unit I would like to complete this as a gasser. Sad thing is around here they too are like rocking horse s..t.

More work today
Cut down the grills and took six inches off the legs.If it stays dry tomorrow I'll fit two rails to hold the cooking grates. Couldn't find any stainless for this so I'll have to concede to the stainless overseer.

2ev56pz.jpg

2la65o7.jpg

241vw5l.jpg

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner on the hinges... Nice thing about piano hinges is that they can be cut to the required length!!!!

Thanks Jeff, I haven't installed this one yet so I'll take a run to see what I can find. I'm a bit concerned about being able to adjust one of that design to run straight. I'm thinking one about six inches should do though and it will give a much cleaned look.
Thanks for the tip bro.

Trick I saw done once was to weld it on... Actually you fill the wholes buy welding to the under metal... Looked very cool...

I'd like to see that. Tomorrow I'll head back to the brewery and see if they have another keg thats decommissioned so I can cut a larger door from it to overlap the opening on this one.

The ball valve that's on there is just for the heck of it lol. I think that spot will be too low for a effective exhaust so i may just plug it.

Sorry guys I just couldn't wait till the lid was finished so I fired her up and did chicken legs with pecan chunks.

Bob the pecan is awesome with yard bird!

o08mq9.jpg

Thanks Brauma :mrgreen:

I'll resize that shelf and add some stronger brackets under it this sometime this week, I may also take a few more inches off the legs.

Thanks HLS so far it's a fun little grill but I have to get use to the heat now.lol I picked up some stainless plates to use as a defuser so I'll see how it goes. She needs a good polish and we will be close to complete.. for now.

Back