*Beer Keg BBQ Grill*

From the front.
The stand is very sturdy and with the addition of two pins it will be collapsible for easy storage and transport.

riswzm.jpg

Enginuative to say the least. I would be concerned about the bottom of the keg getting hot and catching the wood legs afire. But your first fire will test that issue.

Hahahahahah good point!! Any suggestions perhaps some extended bolts or spreading the legs wider so they sit on the cooler ends of the keg?

Carrage bolts sound like a plan.
One other thought was drilling and bolting four lengths of one inch all-thread through the outer lips of the keg as legs but I thought they might be a bit wobbly?

Picked up some stainless hardware today to make the legs with but didn't have enough for four legs, I don't think making Zilla a triped is going to be a good idea.
It's just past midnight here so my son and I will get to work on it in the morning and post pictures.

A few more parts..

Bolts for pluging legs into..
2m26u8o.jpg

Stainless grill and legs..

1gmjs.jpg

Found a bit of alloy plate.
2qiqkjp.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good!!!!

Been thinking of a mini-UDS for at the races.... You've given me some more ideas!!!

Thanks guys I put the chair on hold untill I find a few carrage bolts or something to keep my house from burning down. lol I'm not having any luck finding a stainless hinge so I'll have to go with heavy steel. I have a plan for the seal around the opening but it would be at the cost of another keg unless I can find some thin stainless to bridge the small gap. I'm not too worried about it being a tight seal at this point I just wanna get it fired up and watch it turn purple and blue.:mrgreen:

This could make a good stand for the keg... just need to do a runner at the bingo hall. :mrgreen:

AA8305.jpg

Back