Been On A Burger Making Binge--Two Meats

Thanks! It def was good. Not your common burger patty texture but dang good. Especially if you like pork as much as I do. :-D

Is it a meatloaf like texture? I can't seem to "uncompress" the patty when I mix meats and they come out dense. Nice spread on it though! I thought you made your own Big Mac sauce.

Now that's a burger Sako, I too am on the quest for the perfect burger. I have come to realize it does not exist as I know when I think I have discovered it there on the horizon is yet another perfect burger waiting to be discovered. It is a journey that brings great reward and delight.

Sako, I see your name and automatically click on the thread (also do the same with cowgirl threads) and am never anything but amazed.

Incredible burger there!

Looks awesome! I’ve been doing burgers raised direct and indirect here lately and actually prefer it that way. Any thoughts on direct vs indirect or raised direct?

Generally my rule is the thicker the cut/piece/patty indirect and/or raised. If it's thin then direct.

The smoked Bacon makes it for me and the rain makes me feel at home. Great burger neighbor!

Thanks neighbor! It was a perfect day to have a hearty burger like that.

Is it a meatloaf like texture? I can't seem to "uncompress" the patty when I mix meats and they come out dense. Nice spread on it though! I thought you made your own Big Mac sauce.

Thanks Czar! I went a different direction with the sauce since I didn't think the BigMac spread would compliment this burger that well.

Meatloaf texture would be the closest but obviously different flavor profile.

Now that's a burger Sako, I too am on the quest for the perfect burger. I have come to realize it does not exist as I know when I think I have discovered it there on the horizon is yet another perfect burger waiting to be discovered. It is a journey that brings great reward and delight.

Thanks Bill! I guess I have to come to terms that it just doesn't exist. :-D Heck of a lot of chase the unattainable I suppose.

Sako, I see your name and automatically click on the thread (also do the same with cowgirl threads) and am never anything but amazed.

Incredible burger there!

Thanks for the kind words Charles!!

Glad you like it.
I spent months developing that one and I have to admit, I’m pretty happy with it as well.

Def paid off. I can't say enough how good it is. It's perfect in that it doesn't mask the flavor of whatever you're cooking. As a matter of fact it kicks it up a few notches. Using it on meats, I like to taste the meat and not be overwhelmed with a whole bunch of seasoning. This is the rub for that.

Can always count on Sako for a good Burger and Beer, top notch. :thumb:

And now I'm farkin hungry. :hungry:

Back