Beef Tataki & Homemade Shrimp & Chive Potstickers

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Richard
A “what if I did this?” moment led to what has become a favorite meal in our house – beef tataki, with a twist – seared grilled flat iron steak, sliced thin, drizzled with ponzu, with the “twist being” kicking up the traditional version with hot sesame chile oil, and a bit of chopped cilantro and jalapeno.

The meat is served with postickers, sometimes we use store-bought, but this time, The Missus made them fresh.

It was raining that night, so pulled out the Smoky Joe and brought it to the front porch:

pJXjBt9.jpg

Meat is cooking:

HHlm21W.jpg

Everything all plated up and ready to eat:

sWOjKjq.jpg

It all disappeared in no time!

As an aside, Sako did his take on Beef Tataki, and you can read about it here:

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=287979

I love it! I've been hooked ever since I had the tataki at your place Richard. Needless to stay I do it regularly and people go nuts when they try it.

ZjNKKz1h.jpg

That was a fun night, Sako!

Can I use your photo as my International Fare Throwdown entry photo? :confused:

:laugh:

Never heard of it until the original post, but you both make me want to do some first hand investigation for myself!

Not sure how I missed Sako's original post on the Beef Tataki a la Moose... but between those, you fellas sure have me plotting and scheming for how I can make this a part of my life in the very near term!

With some nice veggie dumplings... either Japanese or Korean style, I think I could get CINCHOUSE on board with all of this.

Back