Beef short ribs

Great looking ribs,I love Beef.
Your Cattle must be bigger than ours.

nunst070.gif

Got those from Restaurant Depot. The average raw weight/rib was 2.5 lbs. I used salt and pepper and I tried to keep the pit between 275-300. These ribs are really too big. I prefer the short ribs that are about half that size. They cook faster, there's more bark and they're easier to serve. All that said, no one was complaining.

4 ribs served 7 adults and 2 adolescent kids. I have some leftovers.[/QUOTE]
You live with hobbits?:biggrin1:

Good lookin ribs. A couple weekends ago I made it up to Austin to try out LA BBQ (J.Mueller's old place). Ribs like that go for $15/lb! Got a few of them, they were really good. And yes 1 rib can easily feed 2 people although... :oops: lol

Good lookin ribs. A couple weekends ago I made it up to Austin to try out LA BBQ (J.Mueller's old place). Ribs like that go for $15/lb! Got a few of them, they were really good. And yes 1 rib can easily feed 2 people although... :oops: lol

Those ribs are about half the size of these. John Mueller has a new place John Mueller Meat Co. You should check it out the next time you are in Austin.

Here are some more ribs from the same case.

Look at the marbling.
C87F3AE7-77B6-46D7-8475-B7DE900AE9EA-20982-000022F0BC36ABC8_zps9dd3f7fb.jpg

D507771C-DB8F-40E8-A058-FB0E3C85A324-20982-000022F0C8DB2B81_zpsbcd2bb54.jpg

Sorry, I don't have any close-ups. I was invited to a crawfish boil on Saturday and another one on Sunday. I brought a rack to each boil and they were a bigger hit than the crawfish.

Did you have to ask for them at RD or did you just go rat picking through the beef section and they were there?

I can get them at HEB around here, just have to ask for the full rack but I rummage through the RD brisket selection about once a month.

Thanks.

I'm sorry to say those are no good. I work with the Dept of health ante you need to send those to me immediately ...PM me tor my addy. :becky:

If I'm using a UDS (ie vertical heat source), should I cook bone down or meat down? any reason why one is better?

Did you have to ask for them at RD or did you just go rat picking through the beef section and they were there?

I can get them at HEB around here, just have to ask for the full rack but I rummage through the RD brisket selection about once a month.

Thanks.

The RD has them all the time. In the Angus beef section. Usually have 4 or 5 loose packages and a few full cases.

Back