THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jasonjax

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
Jason
So my dad misses Victoria Station's Beef Ribs more than any other food.

I'd like to try and copy as close to the recipe as possible. There is minimal info on the googles. I saw one recipe claiming short ribs in a crock pot, but I don't think that's accurate.

My vague memories as a kid of VS was "prime rib" so I'm thinking they did something with the back ribs from cooking the whole rib roast section and then slicing the ribs and finishing them some way. I saw a post that agreed with this, but the poster didn't have much information.

Anyone have some ideas on recreating this recipe?

Thanks!

Wow, there is a name from the past! My wife and I used to go to the one in Cupertino CA.
I always got the prime rib, and she got the ribs.
I loved checking out their glass front ageing locker - “Pandora’s Box”.

Hope you are able to recreate them. Thanks for bringing back the memory!

Check chowhound.com Victoria station bbq ribs. The ribs were cut off huge rib roasts,sauced then grilled till sticky and crispy. Info comes from former employee.

Yeah I found that one too. I'm betting that's pretty close to the process. Looks like I have to buy a standing rib roast and experiment!

Back