THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Billy Ribs

Knows what a fatty is.
I saw this on Triple D last night. A Jewish Deli made Maple Bacon Doughnuts, with beef bacon.

Never heard of this, but definitely want to try it.

it is fantastic, a few years ago my local supermarket carried it for a while but it has since disappeared. Here was a cook I did with it:

IMG_4189.jpg

mandolin some carrots & potatoes (yellow, red & sweet) & toss with olive oil, onion powder, salt & pepper:

IMG_4192.jpg

roll in the bacon:

IMG_4193.jpg

IMG_4194.jpg

indirect over whatever smoking wood makes you happy:

IMG_4197.jpg

IMG_4203.jpg

IMG_4204.jpg

IMG_4205.jpg

while that’s going, render the left over bacon in olive oil to make a quick roux, add back the crumbled bacon & a can of beef broth for a nice pan gravy:

IMG_4195.jpg

IMG_4202.jpg

drizzle the gravy over the "pot roast on a pick":

IMG_4210.jpg

That looks awesome !!!! Now how do we make beef bacon.. Made my first hillbilly bacon and it came out good, a little salty but next batch will be much better.

Jim

Sounds and looks awsome, might be a nice change of pace. Some people in my house have made comments about the "slight over use of" bacon.(not sure how thats possible..:biggrin1:). But maybe I have become overly dependent on the ole greenbean bundles. Gonna try those for sure.

Back