THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

B

Brooks BBQ

Slow bq'd these guys abt 6 hrs at 210 deg on the Traeger. They were brined and then smeared with yellow mustard and Traeger's prime rib rub. I cooked up a mop sauce and Jack Daniels BQ sauce. I mopped them 3x and cooked to 186 deg internal. (BQ sauce was used on the side.)

Good stuff.

Attachments

• Prep.jpg
    Prep.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 152
  • Start.jpg
    Start.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 153
  • mop & bq sauce.jpg
    mop & bq sauce.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 151
  • Fin.jpg
    Fin.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 153
  • Dish.jpg
    Dish.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 155
Thanks for posting!

What brine did you use, and how long did they soak?
I brine chicken, though not beef ribs. Thinking to try it.
Thanks for the help!

Oh Yes... Yes, that's nice.

Same questions though as Smiter Q... I've never brined a beef rib. Would like the recipe if you can supply. Secondly, I'm thinking if you done a brine, why did you need to get it up to such a high temp? I'm sure it tasted awesome, but would a rare brined beef rib like that be good too! I wanna know, as I wanna do it!

Cheers!

Bill

Oh Yes... Yes, that's nice.

Same questions though as Smiter Q... I've never brined a beef rib. Would like the recipe if you can supply. Secondly, I'm thinking if you done a brine, why did you need to get it up to such a high temp? I'm sure it tasted awesome, but would a rare brined beef rib like that be good too! I wanna know, as I wanna do it!

Cheers!

Bill

I use a pretty simple brine: 1/2 cup Kosher salt, 1/2 cup brown sugar in 3/4 to 1 gal water. Most time throw in a bit of red wine. Brined over night.

I think you may be right about a lower finish temp working. I was watching til the meat shrunk down the bone a bit. I've read that's one way to tell they are done. I will say flavor is good at that point. Will have to try pulling them at 165, say.

Back