THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FYI, I live reasonably close to the comp site and we got drilled with some heavy rain last night. Chance for scattered thunderstorms all weekend. Other areas got a lot less rain.

For those that haven't left yet, pack accordingly.

Set up this afternoon. The ground is sun baked with grass cover. Some trees (I got one). Good wide alleys. Plenty of power. Water is at on end so need a LOOOOOONG hose if any distance is involved. Not sure where turn in will be.

Might be a traffic issue for folks from OK. OSU is playing BYU at Arlington at the Arlington Pansies (formerly Dallas Cowboys) billion dollar fiasco with $75 parking (and thats not valet). Traffic south on 35 is already heavy around Denton. You may have to traverse some of the traffic to get to Bedford. See yall there.

Mack
Smoke 'N Ice

Just heard Brian (KellerSteeler) got 2nd Chicken and 11th overall and Tony(Tony76248) got 2nd brisket and 22nd overall.

Congrats to you all.

Buffalo--1st
JP--2nd
Butcher--3rd
Stu--4th
Rub n Grub(Kosmo)--5th

That's all I got...

Jeff I have changed to just Kosmo's Q now. Man be a long time since we seen you brother. RU going to Park City, Ks.?

Congrats to Donnie, JP, Butcher, and Stu. What a kick aruse comp!

Congrats to everyone that got calls! This was a great comp. See everyone over in Ponca in a couple of weeks.

Jeff I have changed to just Kosmo's Q now. Man be a long time since we seen you brother. RU going to Park City, Ks.?

Congrats to Donnie, JP, Butcher, and Stu. What a kick aruse comp!

Brother, as you should have...

The only event I have right now is the Okla State Steak Championship, you know how fall is with the kids. John's in Scouts and soccer...

I'll probably just cook Cody's deal and hit it hard in the spring. I'm a bit toasty after my run this summer...

I may come up to the Royal and hang a bit...

Send me a sample when you get a chance, I just pm'd you my address...

Just heard Brian (KellerSteeler) got 2nd Chicken and 11th overall and Tony(Tony76248) got 2nd brisket and 22nd overall.

Congrats to you all.

Thanks for the post Ty. I did like my brisket and was happy for the walK. My chicken just wasn't that good, just lack of KCBS experience there. My ribs didn't get done enough was busy trying to adjust to kcbs vs ibca but in the end it was good practice for my next kcbs event. I thought my Pork entry was great just need to find the right sauce.

Keller Steeler (Brian) did cook great and gave me some great help.

It was great to meet all of the brethren there. Put names with faces.

It was a lot of fun and a great venue. If you don't put this on your radar for next year you will be missing out. We got 6th in ribs, 6th in pork, 4th in brisket, and 3rd overall. The team beside me was from Florida but was from their originally, he was cooking the contest and getting married today on labor day. I wish him and his bride (forgot her name but she was introduced as Bubbles to me) a long marriage and now what a fine anniversary every year. They get to cook this contest.

thanks for the arse whooping this weekend boys:mrgreen:

the blues concert sunday night was good buddy guy still has it :eusa_clap

will see most of you at the royal until then good luck

Back