THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Congrats to all Brethren who walked.

how bout brethren that missed the walk....we took 8th in the brisket...and 24th over all, out of 27,,,,,,,,,,,that hurts. still we had a great time and met some great people, our first of many "pro" comps.....

congrats to the winners

Hey, lets see, you said of all things, you had a great time, met some great people, and it was your first comp.....overall it sounds like it was a good one for ya.....because the last comment was your first of MANY pro comps....hope to cross paths sometime.....

how bout brethren that missed the walk....we took 8th in the brisket...and 24th over all, out of 27,,,,,,,,,,,that hurts. still we had a great time and met some great people, our first of many "pro" comps.....

congrats to the winners

Cool, at least you did not finish DAL. Not bad for your first comp!! As long as you had fun!!

Results as posted on KCBS site

Grand Champion: Shigs In Pit
Reserve Champion: Moonswiners

Overall:
1 Shigs In Pit
2 Moonswiners
3 Hoosier Crawdaddy
4 Double D's BBQ
5 Ribs & Bibs
6 Show Me Your Bones
7 Quau
8 Pig-Pak
9 Hickory Flats BBQ
10 Rinky Dink Smokers
11 Making Meat
12 OinkADoodleMoo Smoky BBQ
13 Huckleberrys Smoke Thera
14 ZZ-QUE
15 Beverly Grillbillies
16 Hoosier Butt Rub'n
17 Squealers Barbecue
18 Steel Smokin' BBQ Team
19 Acme BBQ
20 The Fireballs
21 Smoky River BBQ
22 High Rollin' Hogs
23 Rib Runners
24 Butt Rubbers BBQ
25 Seymour Smokin' Butts
26 Eaton With The Pope
27 BBQ'N Fools

Chicken:
1 Shigs In Pit
2 Moonswiners
3 Seymour Smokin' Butts
4 Quau
5 Making Meat
6 Acme BBQ
7 Hoosier Crawdaddy
8 Pig-Pak
9 Show Me Your Bones
10 Huckleberrys Smoke Thera
11 Rinky Dink Smokers
12 Double D's BBQ
13 High Rollin' Hogs
14 Ribs & Bibs
15 Eaton With The Pope
16 Steel Smokin' BBQ Team
17 Beverly Grillbillies
18 Smoky River BBQ
19 Rib Runners
20 Hickory Flats BBQ
21 ZZ-QUE
22 Squealers Barbecue
23 BBQ'N Fools
24 OinkADoodleMoo Smoky BBQ
25 The Fireballs
26 Hoosier Butt Rub'n
27 Butt Rubbers BBQ

Ribs:
1 Show Me Your Bones
2 Moonswiners
3 Hoosier Crawdaddy
4 Pig-Pak
5 ZZ-QUE
6 Ribs & Bibs
7 Double D's BBQ
8 Rinky Dink Smokers
9 Acme BBQ
10 Hoosier Butt Rub'n
11 Making Meat
12 Shigs In Pit
13 The Fireballs
14 Butt Rubbers BBQ
15 High Rollin' Hogs
16 OinkADoodleMoo Smoky BBQ
17 Quau
18 Huckleberrys Smoke Thera
19 Smoky River BBQ
20 Beverly Grillbillies
21 Hickory Flats BBQ
22 Seymour Smokin' Butts
23 Rib Runners
24 BBQ'N Fools
25 Steel Smokin' BBQ Team
26 Squealers Barbecue
27 Eaton With The Pope

Pork:
1 Ribs & Bibs
2 Shigs In Pit
3 Moonswiners
4 Hoosier Crawdaddy
5 Hickory Flats BBQ
6 Double D's BBQ
7 Show Me Your Bones
8 Making Meat
9 Steel Smokin' BBQ Team
10 OinkADoodleMoo Smoky BBQ
11 Smoky River BBQ
12 Beverly Grillbillies
13 Pig-Pak
14 Hoosier Butt Rub'n
15 Eaton With The Pope
16 Seymour Smokin' Butts
17 Huckleberrys Smoke Thera
18 Squealers Barbecue
19 Quau
20 High Rollin' Hogs
21 Rinky Dink Smokers
22 ZZ-QUE
23 Acme BBQ
24 Butt Rubbers BBQ
25 The Fireballs
26 Rib Runners
27 BBQ'N Fools

Brisket:
1 Shigs In Pit
2 Moonswiners
3 Double D's BBQ
4 Quau
5 Hickory Flats BBQ
6 Hoosier Crawdaddy
7 Squealers Barbecue
8 Butt Rubbers BBQ
9 OinkADoodleMoo Smoky BBQ
10 Rinky Dink Smokers
11 Show Me Your Bones
12 Ribs & Bibs
13 Beverly Grillbillies
14 Hoosier Butt Rub'n
15 ZZ-QUE
16 Rib Runners
17 Eaton With The Pope
18 Pig-Pak
19 The Fireballs
20 Huckleberrys Smoke Thera
21 Steel Smokin' BBQ Team
22 BBQ'N Fools
23 Making Meat
24 Smoky River BBQ
25 High Rollin' Hogs
26 Acme BBQ
27 Seymour Smokin' Butts

Congrats to my buds, the Shigs in Pit (it's not Shigs AND Pit)

It was a nice first time contest, and if it comes back next year, you'll need to put it on your calender for sure !

Moonshriners? Were the chants being yelled out at awards time?
Sounds like I missed a good one.

Congratulations to Shigs and to Podge on their championships. Podge, it was nice having you as a neighbor. I really enjoyed watching the smoke coming out of the two Fatboys in the early morning hours.

I don't know if you've had time to examine your scores yet to see if you'd had any remotely close to Madison. I noticed that I missed fifth in Pork by .0002 of a point. These contests keep getting tougher and tougher but I enjoy them more and more.

Good luck to both Shigs and Podge at the Jack!

Congratulations to Shigs and to Podge on their championships. Podge, it was nice having you as a neighbor. I really enjoyed watching the smoke coming out of the two Fatboys in the early morning hours.

I don't know if you've had time to examine your scores yet to see if you'd had any remotely close to Madison. I noticed that I missed fifth in Pork by .0002 of a point. These contests keep getting tougher and tougher but I enjoy them more and more.

Good luck to both Shigs and Podge at the Jack!

Nice to have met you too Dallas !.. make sure to post pics of that new geer pit when you get it !

Congratulations to all!! :eusa_clap:eusa_clapReally wanted to do this one, but it would have made 6 in a row:icon_shy....not enough time and money not to mention energy.Good to know it was a good time first event!!

Dallas...I can't wait to see your new pit. Walt and me are getting really excited. Talked to Jamie and apparentley wev'e moved up on the list and it should be done by Nov/Dec time frame.WoooHoo!!!

hey double D....I was the helped you back your trailer into the spot on friday. didn't realize you were on the board here. congrats on a great job at this comp. see you at the next one.

hey double D....I was the helped you back your trailer into the spot on friday. didn't realize you were on the board here. congrats on a great job at this comp. see you at the next one.

Thanks so much for helping me get into my spot. For some reason which ever way I turn the wheel the trailer seems to go the other way. I really don't understand why the trailer will turn right when I turn the wheel to the right or left but one of these days I'll figure it out. I'm pretty good at driving forward, thats why I love pull through spots.

Thanks again for helping a Brethren in need! Hope to see you again real soon!

Congratulations to all!! :eusa_clap:eusa_clapReally wanted to do this one, but it would have made 6 in a row:icon_shy....not enough time and money not to mention energy.Good to know it was a good time first event!!

Dallas...I can't wait to see your new pit. Walt and me are getting really excited. Talked to Jamie and apparentley wev'e moved up on the list and it should be done by Nov/Dec time frame.WoooHoo!!!

Great news on the pit Tonto! I told Walt that Jamie was getting these pits done a little earlier than even he expected so it doesn't surprise me that you'll get yours a little earlier. Looking forward to seeing your new pit with those beautiful boiler doors attached to the firebox.

We'll be leaving one week from tomorrow to pick ours up. We're having our logo custom painted on to the plate on the back of the pit. I'll post pictures as soon as I can. We'll probably bring our laptop with us which will allow us to post pics the same day they are taken.

Right now we plan to get there sometime around noon on Thursday.

Jim let me know how many beers you were expecting to get from Roger and I will see if he will let me hold on to them for you until I see you again.

Sid it was a pleasure meeting you and your wife this weekend. Sorry about the dogs jumping up on you guys. They're just pups, big pups but definitely need some obedience training which we'll get for them after comp season ends.

Sid I was sorry to hear about you having to leave the contest but am very happy to hear that your Mom is going to be fine. Your Mom was definitely in and continues to be in out thoughts and prayers for a very speedy recovery. See you down the road soon, I hope!

Dallas

Hey Dallas;

Nice meeting you as well. The dogs were great - I am surprised Connie wasn't on the ground rolling around with them. She sure does love Goldens.

Thanks for your kind words about mom - she is doing fine.

Congrats on your calls - great job.

Can't wait to see your new pit.

Take care and see you around.

Connie & I want to thank everyone that supplied us with kind words and help getting packed-up Saturday morning so we could get to the hospital. We were able to get there in time to spend about 30 minutes with mom before she went into surgery.

She had gone to the doctor’s office late Friday with stomach pain. After running test they sent her to the hospital for additional testing. We got a call around midnight that she was being admitted for a 9:00 am surgery to remove some female stuff and a growth the size of a tennis ball. Surgery went fine and the growth had no signs of cancer.

A special thank you (in no special order) to the following:

ZZ Que
Smokey River
Show Me Your Bones
Pig-Pak
Huckleberrys Smoke
Hoosier Crawdaddy

They helped us breakdown and pack, offered us vehicles so we could leave immediately, offered to drive us to Louisville, offered to pull our smoker out on Sunday so we didn’t need to deal with it that morning. Anything we needed and more was offered.

On the BBQ trail you get to become friends with Great Cooks & Great People!

Thanks again

Hi Sid, very happy to hear that your Mom's surgery went well and she is doing fine.We had the pleasure to meet you and your wife at Kettering this year and couldn't agree with you more.....the great folks you meet along the BBQ trail is priceless!!

Hey Sid, glad to hear that everything sounds like it is ok....sorry I didnt make it to Nashville, but, hope to cross paths again soon.....afterall, just ask your wife, there is a CD in your collections that just may have to disappear.....

Thoughts and prayers out to you and yours.....

I remember you well. It was fun being set up next to you guys in Kettering.

Thanks for your kind words. At age 83 surgery can be tricky.
Hope to see you soon.

Back