THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jburton

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Name or Nickame
John
I completed building my own smoker and i need some instructions on painting the smoker. Here are some questions but then I have a specific question and some pics.

1. Should I have the smoker media blasted to remove all of the mill scale before painting?

2. What kind of paint should I use.

3. Instead of paint should I have some one ceramic coat it? I want it to look really good?

Lastly I notice some deep pits on one of my doors. How do I remove the Pits so that I can get a good Paint job? Is thee something that I can fill it with? Grind them away?????? Here are some Pics.

Attachments

You could weld the pits or just leave it. You could also season the outside and forgo the the paint. Nice looking pit by the way.

so you mean weld little divots in each hole and come back and grind/sand the welds down? I have thought about that but surly there's a better easier way.

so you mean weld little divots in each hole and come back and grind/sand the welds down? I have thought about that but surly there's a better easier way.

I’d just leave em! Adds character. Oil it. They will fill

That’s a good looking pit you built.

Hi temp paint like the kind Lang or Lonestar Grillz uses (many others use the same stuff also, but I think they both list the paint they use on their website.)

Black out the wheels.

Not sure I would bother filling in the pits. Not sure of a way to do it that will withstand the higher temps the pit will see, except maybe the welding suggestion earlier.

Back