BBQ Pierogi

LYU370

Resident Idjit

Batch Image
Batch Image
Staff member
Name or Nickame
Andy
Did you know there is a Family Recipes Throwdown going on? Come join in the fun and win valuable prizes.

Decided to do a BBQ twist on one of mom's recipes. PIEROGI!

[soapbox]
Please do not call them pierogies, no need to make it extra plural. Pierogi is already plural, if you want only one, it's a pierog. But why would you want only one?!?!?

You don't put socks on your feets do you? Do you brush your teeths? I rest my case.
[/soapbox]

Bernice's famous pierogi. I remember it being a pretty easy recipe, but I didn't realize it was this easy. My daughter is the holder of mom's recipes, a least those we could figure out as she rarely measured anything. Like her yeast roll recipe... Anywhere from 10 to 14 cups of flour. WHAT?!?!?!

RECIPE

bkyaJKxh.jpg

So for this go around I used some boneless short ribs, on sale at the local Mexi-Mart.

oG2FD3jh.jpg

PVM0bSLh.jpg

Into the FEC they go.

VF5BiaYh.jpg

Into a pan with some wine, hatch chiles and green onions and back into the FEC.

oWNJ5D1h.jpg

dumnHxmh.jpg

I suck at making dough. Probably why I don't make pizza more often, but mom's recipe looks like even I could do it.

PeZL5aVh.jpg

My daughter has the "official" pierogi cutter, so I had to improvise with one of my glasses. BTW, the official pierogi cutter is also a glass. Holy Crap, my arms hurt... Made 3 1/2 dozen.

ebVKervh.jpg

Shred everything up, scoop some filling in and crimp shut.

KlwIidNh.jpg

When they're all filled into a pot of salted water. 3 -4 minutes and they'll float. Since this meat was already cooked, you can take them out right away.

vHYhxA9h.jpg

dydCzSGh.jpg

Fry them up with some butter...

PDuVjFkh.jpg

SzitfYfh.jpg

Holy crap was that good. Mom, why didn't you make these? Because you had no idea what BBQ was? OK, I'll give ya a pass.

Thanks for looking.

Plural or singular, spelled right or wrong.. I've never had them but this puts 'em on the list of must-makes for me.

Awesome, Andy. Never had them filled with meat before, always cheese. But those look good. And having made them before in a previous life, I'll agree they're time consuming. But worth it.

Back