BBQ Injestions, what"s your pick?

I use Butchers too, make sure to check out his how-to videos on his site, and order some injectors too.

It should go with out mention what I would vote for. I would suggest that this is the best time of all to try all three. With our Trade In program, after purchasing one and you don't like it trade it in for a like product of Butcher BBQ's. My goal is to just allow everyone a chance to learn about injecting with out it costing so much. I offer this because I feel regardless of who's product is chosen we have introduced one more to the world of injecting.

Is there any problem mixing the injection a day or two ahead of time?

Really trying to be lazy on Friday so if I can make it Wednesday or Thursday and refrigerate it with no problems I will gladly do that.

It should go with out mention what I would vote for. I would suggest that this is the best time of all to try all three. With our Trade In program, after purchasing one and you don't like it trade it in for a like product of Butcher BBQ's. My goal is to just allow everyone a chance to learn about injecting with out it costing so much. I offer this because I feel regardless of who's product is chosen we have introduced one more to the world of injecting.

I have played around with all the major brands and done some of my own but once I started using yours my scores went way up.

P.S. How about a sponsorship...lol

it can and will thicken up a tad on you if you mix it too far ahead... some people like that though.

Yes and it needs to be kept cold after this, but it can be done. Yes it will seem to thicken up, you can let it set out and come to room temp before using the day of comp and it seems like it helps with the thickness.

David that still does not effect how it works though right?
Mixing on wednesday night for friday night injecting is okay?

so is the consensus that most teams inject for competition? Do you inject only for competitions or do you also do it in the back yard as well? Do you inject instead of brining or both?

so is the consensus that most teams inject for competition? Do you inject only for competitions or do you also do it in the back yard as well? Do you inject instead of brining or both?

I think the vast majority of teams inject with something. If I'm cooking at home I'll inject only if I'm practicing for a comp (which is most of the time). If I'm just cooking a pork butt for a friend, no injection.

The only meat I brine is chicken, haven't tried to brine anything else. The general consensus on brining big meats is that they're too big to accept much liquid from the brine. That's why you'd inject.

I did just start using Butcher's bird booster (an injection for chicken) with great results, so I might not be brining chickens anymore either.

David that still does not effect how it works though right?
Mixing on wednesday night for friday night injecting is okay?

I use David's Prime Injection and always mix it the Monday before the event and put it in the fridge. I think a thicker injection works better.

I am a fan of the Fab line of products. They have a flavor I really like and retain moisture very well. I generally mix my injections the Wednesday before a comp. I mix probably at 75% of the recommended FAB to liquid ratio.

I use Butchers and really like the results. However, I have to say I don't like the way it smells when I mix it up. But it's not about me.

Is there any problem mixing the injection a day or two ahead of time?

Really trying to be lazy on Friday so if I can make it Wednesday or Thursday and refrigerate it with no problems I will gladly do that.
I've mixed it as much as 11-12 days ahead when on the road and doing 2 comps. I add my own rub to the injection. I keep it cold n give it a good shake every day or two.

I think the vast majority of teams inject with something. If I'm cooking at home I'll inject only if I'm practicing for a comp (which is most of the time). If I'm just cooking a pork butt for a friend, no injection.

The only meat I brine is chicken, haven't tried to brine anything else. The general consensus on brining big meats is that they're too big to accept much liquid from the brine. That's why you'd inject.

I did just start using Butcher's bird booster (an injection for chicken) with great results, so I might not be brining chickens anymore either.

Thanks CPW that is helpful. I have only brined chicken and turkey for the most part. The injection idea sounds interesting... Dr. BBQ has some recipes in his book and I actually found a place near me that sells Butcher (in Massachusetts of all places!) so I am going to pick up some of that to play with as well.

Back