THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

While the rules state that those who earned the coveted zero may enter whatever they wish, I decided that my entry would be a remake of the zero I earned in the last burger TD.

IMG_0289-1.jpg

Doesn't that look zero worthy? I sure think so! I didn't even post a cook or prep thread. I just posted my entry pic in the TD, HERE. :icon_blush:

So I hope to vindicate this poor little burger with something a little more inspired!

I love cheeseburgers. The problem is, they just never have enough cheese on them, even the ones I make.

I decided to remedy the situation by adding generous slices of smoked cheddar, colby jack, and mozzarella to my burgers about 5 minutes before I pulled them off the grill. I figured the mozzarella would act as sort of a glue to help keep the other cheeses from sliding off the edges, especially as I had added so much cheese...:icon_blush:

Before I go further, I didn't take any cook pics as my back has been out the past few days and the best I could muster was the following shots after I finished cooking the burgers.

First, I topped the bottom bun with lettuce, then my cheeseburger, then some fresh tomato:

DSC_0045.jpg

Then some thick sliced applewood smoked bacon, cooked to perfection - I like mine chewy, not quite crispy:

DSC_0047.jpg

Finally, I added some homemade BBQ sauce I had made a while back to the pile before I put the top bun on. Fully assembled:

DSC_0052.jpg

Ready to eat:

Cheeseburger.jpg

Please use last pic as entry shot!

" This will be my last Throwdown as moderator of the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns. I think I've had a nice good long run at it, and I have been feeling for a while now that the Throwdowns could use something new."

Thanks Chris! You have done an outstanding job! I can certainly relate on "passing the torch"...:wink: That said...it's been a while since I've entered a throwdown but my recent batch of "Pig Candy" turned out great so here it is...my entry for the "zero" club throwdown...:becky: Merry Christmas & Happy New Year everyone! :p

Pig Candy...

ChristmasSmoke2011021.jpg

I don't know, either Guerry and I really suck at this or something. :doh::wink::doh:

Chris, you have really made the Throwdowns fun. I know it was a lot of work and we all appreciate everything you have done!

Thanks Chris! You have done an outstanding job! I can certainly relate on "passing the torch"...:wink: That said...it's been a while since I've entered a throwdown but my recent batch of "Pig Candy" turned out great so here it is...my entry for the "zero" club throwdown...:becky: Merry Christmas & Happy New Year everyone! :p

Pig Candy...

ChristmasSmoke2011021.jpg

Well, it looks delicious and all, but that is the worst bacon weave I've ever seen in my life. That'll never hold together.... Repeat after me, "over, under, over, under ...." Uh, what's that? Oh, nevermind. :icon_blush: Looks great JD!

Gore, that is a deconsructed bacon weave, it is a brilliant statement about not conforming to the arbitrary standards of society and resonates with youthful angst, surprising, all the more, by the apparent dissonance of the older, very staid and reasonable appearance of the bacon artist at work here, and his relevant yet daring mocking of both the textile industry as a whole, and the bacon textile craft in specific.

Bunch of Arteests around here. :tsk:

It is a 99-percenter bacon weave. You wealthy astro-physicist one-percenter types just don't get it. You probably hire people to weave your bacon, and call yourself a job creator. You probably want a tax break for the people you underpay to weave your bacon. :tsk:

CD

Gore, that is a deconsructed bacon weave, it is a brilliant statement about not conforming to the arbitrary standards of society and resonates with youthful angst, surprising, all the more, by the apparent dissonance of the older, very staid and reasonable appearance of the bacon artist at work here, and his relevant yet daring mocking of both the textile industry as a whole, and the bacon textile craft in specific.

Ummm...sure Bob...that's EXACTLY what I was going for...:roll: Nice try but you're still buying at Morimoto's in February! :twisted:

Back