BBQ Brethren "You know, for Kids!" Throwdown

I have one baby and she isn't sleeping through the night yet. You can borrow for an overnight cook so I can get some sleep.

You can adopt someone??? Just for the day?

Cheers!

Bill
Looks as if they're plenty of offers below Bill. :shock:

I've got four of varying shapes and sizes, I'll be happy to loan you any two.
Um, TWO?

I got three Guerry take your pick
One would be more reasonable...

I have one baby and she isn't sleeping through the night yet. You can borrow for an overnight cook so I can get some sleep.
OK, but I get to call you every 30 minutes and you have to answer your phone.

Gonna smash what?

John

Well, I've seen you do a few kid friendly Q's... you da man! Smash... meaning "win"... oh Dear, My Aussie vernacular getting me in the doghouse again! Off to the penalty box again for me....:tsk:

My Entry

My girls are my life, don't know what I would do without them, they are my Kids. :becky:

A New Kind of Fatty

Well sort of, I didn’t know what else to call it because it looks like a Fatty

I was in Restaurant Depot Sat. and found a fish fillet that I had never seen before. Called King Clip. From Costa Rica I believe. And it was only $3.99 a pound! Exactly what the Kids would love! :clap2:

I’ve had something in mind for a short time, wanted to make them smile, and come back for more. If I remember, this is what Smoke Jumper said he wanted.

So I butterflied the fish and stuffed it with fresh spinach, Andouille sausage, mushrooms and Feta cheese. I then rolled it in Prosciuitto, and put it on the Pro Q at 220. All the good things my kids love to eat. Yes, they love spinach, mushrooms, and green beans. All kids do, don't they?:laugh:

On a lower rack I added some of the scraps of the fillet along with some Salmon that I wanted to smoke.

This is going to be good!

Lets start here: the fixings.
Fixings.jpg

Next the Andouille.
Andouille.jpg

Then the stuffing.
Stuffing.jpg

Wrapped

Wraped.jpg

Finished after four hours on the "Q" with Hickory for flavor.

Finish1.jpg

And sliced open, Chris use this shot please.

Finish2.jpg

Ready to eat.

Plate.jpg

The Kids waiting. They were so anxious they could hardly sit still, hence a slight blur in the photo. Notice the smile.

Kids.jpg

Not much left. As you can see by Penny lickin her chops, she clearly wants more. :becky:

Kids2.jpg

The salmon came out pretty darn good too.

Salmon.jpg

The girls review.
This was a new fish for us and was very mild in flavor. The andouille and other stuffing came out just right, you could taste all of it. At least we think we could cause it disappeared way too fast.

We love bacon :)clap2:) but this other stuff (proscuitto) was really neat, Just enough salt and almost no grease. Yummy. We think that this was the best dinner we have ever had, and would like some more please. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

They let Sharon and me have some too, and they are right, it was delish. :becky::becky:

That's one great entry Jim. I enjoyed it thoroughly, especially seeing the pics of your happy little babies.

I guess those with dogs, should let them vote. If you have kids and dogs...?

Jim and John - great post!!

I have my daughter this weekend, I think we will have an entry!

I've been thumbing through "The Joy Of Cooking" for a few hours now,
but I can't find a time and temp for the Smoking and Cooking of Kids.
Should I Marinate or Inject? What about the Smoke Ring? Best Wood to Use?
Foil or not?
I'm at a loss........:heh:

My girls are my life, don't know what I would do without them, they are my Kids. :becky:
I’ve had something in mind for a short time, wanted to make them smile, and come back for more. If I remember, this is what Smoke Jumper said he wanted.

I thought only Burmese Mountain dogs smile...

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 164
For us, the last couple weeks have been for kids, you know. We were visiting friends and learned quite a few cooking techniques. One of the first things we did was make some donuts.
IMG_5829.jpg

IMG_5830.jpg

IMG_5831.jpg

IMG_5837.jpg

IMG_5835.jpg

Of course I'd never ever consider submitting something fried for a throwdown, so that just wouldn't do at all. We also had some fun activities for the kids:

IMG_5893.jpg

but that also isn't throwdown-worthy. One of the things we really want to do is to take a sausage tour, sampling sausage in every village we go to. We haven't had the time yet, but we do cook a LOT of sausage.

IMG_6049.jpg

Generally, we cook these while the kids play. The pool heated up to a balmy 65* during our stay. It was only 54* during this cook.

IMG_6047.jpg

A big pot of sausage is nice.

IMG_6050.jpg

but perhaps not so appealing. The kids always eat the little Nurnberg brats, so we picked up all they had -- note these were 20% off too!

IMG_6046.jpg

That should be enough for 4 adults and 4 kids! MMmmmmm, now that's yummy

IMG_6055.jpg

but perhaps not quite right. Let's try that again over coals:

IMG_6065.jpg

IMG_6073.jpg

Nope, kids like dessert. Our friends always make us some crepes when we visit. This is done outside on cast iron:

IMG_6087.jpg

Yep, crepes are a winner!

IMG_6095.jpg

IMG_6093.jpg

So we'll stick with this picture, rolled with strawberry jam and dollops of strawberry and cloudberry jam and some homemade whipped cream on top.

IMG_6096.jpg

It's not what I originally intended for this category, but it sure was delicious!

Great post Gore!! Great looking Kids too BTW. Ohh and the food looks good too..

Great entry Gore, But I'm confused :confused: Which kids are yours? For some reason they look very familiar, or that they belong to someone else.:laugh:
And all that Sausage, and no squirrel. :tape: :wink:

Thanks Gore -great pics and those are clearly happy kids!

I love cloudberry jam- I hand carried back 6 jars last time I came home from Helsinki. I was there last summer just as the fresh ones hit the markets. Awesome!

Great photos Gore. Glad to see the 'World sausage on 40 Euros a day" tour continues to progress. Everybody looks happy and full. Where's the racoon?

Back