THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OKEY DOKEY Bruce's... My third 'Q of the week, and this time I remembered to use the camera!

I've put all the info in this thread.

Here's 2 plated shots for my Lamb Loin Chops.

The whole plate...

DSC_0028_474.jpg

I put the 3rd chop on top just to show the colour...

Here's the money shot Chris...

DSC_0025_477.jpg

Please enjoy... we did!

Cheers!

Bill

Rack of Lamb

I gave lamb a try for the bone-in throwdown. I have to admit, I don't cook it much. I've had good luck in the past with leg o lamb. This is my first time trying to grill a rack. Next time, I'll do a better job trimming now that I know where to look. I marinaded in a combination of garlic, creole mustard, brown sugar and red wine vinegar.

I used the mini-WSM. I set the grill in the kettle for the first part and got a good sear on both sides.

DSC_0026.jpg

I moved the grill up into the can part of the mini and let it run at 300-350 for about 20m.

DSC_0027.jpg

We had a simple dinner. Sliced cucumbers with dill, some Texas Peaches and lamb. Please use the following for my entry.

DSC_0029.jpg

Enjoy the throwdown.

The girls and I wanted to make something special for Fathers day so we decided on an Argentinian style steak. We selected 2 porterhouses (about 5 pounds total ). To get a nice crust on these I had read about coating them with salt and some corn starch and put them in the freezer for 30 minutes. This helps to draw the moisture out of them and form a bit of a crust. The corn is just for reference. I couldn't seem to get a picture that made them look as big as they were.

IMG_0434-1.jpg

While these were being prepared I baked a couple potatos and grilled some zucchini:

IMG_0439-1.jpg

The zucchini was to go into a ratatouille. I usually add eggplant as well but the beautiful eggplant I picked out had gone missing.

IMG_0442-1.jpg

I cooked up the steaks and served it with chimichurri sauce. I stuffed the potato with sour cream and bacon and served this to my husband with his favorite beer.

IMG_0449-1.jpg

Happy Father's Day!

Beautiful steak e-code. How about some details on the chimichurri?

PS: I know where the eggplant is but I ain't telling.

Boy howdy, there is ... uh ,... there are some serious bones getting showed off here. When I finally got an entry together, it was one very familiar to me, because I caught it last year. My entry has more bones than anything I can think of.

DSC00450a.jpg

And while I was cookin' this rainbow trout, seasoned only with coarse lemon pepper and lemon slices, I had a bigtime flashback to one of my favorite Ricks Tropical Delights's posts which featured a couple of trout his dad caught. So in honor of Fathers Day, Ricks Dad.... and Rick's inspiration for a nice simple trout cook, I'm jumping into this Throwdown. The pictue below will have to represent this cook as the money shot....​

DSC00463a.jpg

Live from the "Grill Cam", it's the end view.....

DSC00472a.jpg

You know when it's just right, 'cause the skin rolls off and the meat comes right off the bone. No forks needed. :thumb:

DSC00478ajpg.jpg

DSC00482a.jpg

Piedmont Chicken

O.K. Here is my entry for the week. I got this recipe from a family member years ago and we love it. I usually use boneless chicken but for the entry I used bone in breasts. Sprinkled with salt and pepper and smoked the chicken for two hours. Sauteed onion, mushrooms and garlic in butter. On top of the chicken is a layer of sour cream, a layer of the mushrooms and onions and a layer of mozzerella cheese. Baked about 20 minutes til cheese was melted and just starting to brown. Everyone thinks I'm crazy for this one til they try it. Please use last pic for entry.

Attachments

• Piedmont chicken 004.jpg
    Piedmont chicken 004.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 76
  • Piedmont chicken 002.jpg
    Piedmont chicken 002.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 76
  • Piedmont chicken 007.jpg
    Piedmont chicken 007.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 74
  • Piedmont chicken 011.jpg
    Piedmont chicken 011.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 76
  • Piedmont chicken 013.jpg
    Piedmont chicken 013.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 76
  • Piedmont chicken 014.jpg
    Piedmont chicken 014.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 72
  • Piedmont chicken 015.jpg
    Piedmont chicken 015.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 74
  • Piedmont chicken 016.jpg
    Piedmont chicken 016.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 75
  • Piedmont chicken 049.jpg
    Piedmont chicken 049.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 74
  • Piedmont chicken 042.jpg
    Piedmont chicken 042.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 72
Bone-in Pork Chop with Cinnamon Apples

I did a bone-in chop coated with our comp rub and smoked on the UDS for 2 1/2 hrs they have an apple juice glaze. Took a granny smith apple sliced it an mixed with butter and tubanado sugar and cinnamon and put on UDS for an hour.

Last edited:
pork butt WITH bbq sAmBayON saucE

So, being a little tongue in cheeky about it, I decided to do an entry where the words "WITH A BONE" could be found in the name of the dish. (Yes, I know the pork butt had a bone in it as well but, that would have been far too simple. :becky:)
Here it is: pork butt WITH bbq sAmBayON saucE
I'll let Chris decide which pic look the best.
0620101822.jpg

0620101823a.jpg

you can find the full description here

I gave lamb a try for the bone-in throwdown. I have to admit, I don't cook it much. I've had good luck in the past with leg o lamb. This is my first time trying to grill a rack. Next time, I'll do a better job trimming now that I know where to look. I marinaded in a combination of garlic, creole mustard, brown sugar and red wine vinegar.

I used the mini-WSM. I set the grill in the kettle for the first part and got a good sear on both sides.

DSC_0026.jpg

I moved the grill up into the can part of the mini and let it run at 300-350 for about 20m.

DSC_0027.jpg

We had a simple dinner. Sliced cucumbers with dill, some Texas Peaches and lamb. Please use the following for my entry.

DSC_0029.jpg

Enjoy the throwdown.

Enjoy the ALF TICK OF APPROVAL HIGH Q.

ALFTickofApproval.gif

The first Rack of Lamb to recieve this award, and the first time you've done a Rack of Lamb.... (sure pal :lie:) You are the 4th recipient of the ALF Tick of Approval

I admit, I was a little "interested" in the ingredients, but the presentation is absolute killer... Cooked rare to perfection with a beautiful external sear...

Man.... excuoooooose me, but I would HIT THAT!

Cheers!

Bill

Back